“A must do in simpson bay”

Carousel Gelateria and Bar
Ranked #1 of 2 Shopping in Simpson Bay
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We went here twice during our one week stay. It is a must if dinning in simpson bay and is walkable from many of the restaurants. They have many flavors to choose from and will give you a sample to help you choose. The place is decorated uniquely and has a working carousel. It costs $3 per scoop or $3.50 for a waffle cone which must be homemade because it was Devine. Our teens got 2 scoops the first night and couldn't finish it. One scoop is plenty. They are only open till 10pm. We just missed it on our 1st night, so we made a point to go before closing the next night.

All reviews
in 7 reviews
"top notch"
"horses"

Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

This place has a very wide selection of gelato. My husband and I tried the canteloupe, Oreo and mint chocolate chip and all were excellent.

The place is sparkling clean (cleanest/prettiest washrooms in the island by far) and there is even an actual carousel in the back for kids to ride.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

My family visited Carousel's last week and had a great time. We rode the carousel and had gelato. This is a great place for people of all ages

Reviewed June 28, 2013

We visited this place almost everyday of our one week stay in St Maarten. Their on-site made gelato was 'heavenly' as described by my daughters and there were many flavours to choose from. I highly recommend this place!

See more reviews
Reviewed June 7, 2013

OMG! Is what you will say when your tongue tastes the fabulously clean flavors of the best gelato I have ever eaten! The gelateria is decorated in the classic dutch style, clean white and blue with the 180 degree glass gelato case cooling the tantalizing tastes! From the sour crisp of Kiwi (my current favorite), to the rich flavors of Bailey's Irish Cream and the strong shades of the coffee melee'...you will not be disappointed!

The other reviewers on say that you will return more then once, and that is the truth! I have been there about everyday of my stay while I have been resting on the island.... and as Grammie says..."You always have room for ice cream because it runs in around the cracks".

PS...the Carousel is awesome, too.

1  Thank FransFiveStarReviews