“The most wonderful Gelato I ever ate!”

Carousel Gelateria and Bar
Ranked #1 of 2 Shopping in Simpson Bay
Reviewed June 7, 2013

OMG! Is what you will say when your tongue tastes the fabulously clean flavors of the best gelato I have ever eaten! The gelateria is decorated in the classic dutch style, clean white and blue with the 180 degree glass gelato case cooling the tantalizing tastes! From the sour crisp of Kiwi (my current favorite), to the rich flavors of Bailey's Irish Cream and the strong shades of the coffee melee'...you will not be disappointed!

The other reviewers on say that you will return more then once, and that is the truth! I have been there about everyday of my stay while I have been resting on the island.... and as Grammie says..."You always have room for ice cream because it runs in around the cracks".

PS...the Carousel is awesome, too.

1  Thank FransFiveStarReviews
There are newer reviews for Carousel Gelateria and Bar

Reviewed May 25, 2013

Scheduled a tour of Carousel but forgot what the tour included! What a delightful surprise hanging out at Georgia's family store. We viewed the pictures, rode the carousel, tasted numerous flavors of delicious gelato! My fav was the custom flavor and bacio! I will definitely go here again! Please stop your family by Carousel also.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

This place has some of the best gelato anywhere, with lots of amazing flavors. We go here every time we are in St Maarten. Trust me...you will go more than one time on your visit. It is operated with the highest of standards...unbelievably clean, great atmosphere, quality products. The kids love the Carousel rides too. A great fun break from the beach & sun. Enjoy!!

Reviewed March 7, 2013

I gotta say that I am too picky when it comes to italian ice cream so I was a little bit skeptic about Carousel everytime I drove by it...

Last time on the island I took the chance and decided to give it a try!! OHHHH MY!!! The place is sooo charming and nicely placed that I almost felt I was in Italy! The gallery outside with all different kinds of people (famous and totally anonymous) having ice creams is really cool and when you get inside you can see the gelatos being made right in front of you!! I tried 4 different flavours (pistachio, mango, nocciola and hazelnuts) and all of them were amazing!!! EVERYONE THATS ENJOYS A GREAT ITALIAN GELATO SHOULD GIVE IT A TRY!

Reviewed December 28, 2012

After having passed by Carousel many times on our way to and from the airport, my family and I decided to stop and give it a try on one of our visits to St. Martin. The place is interesting, cute, and clean...the gelato is delicious. (Although what could be bad?) Over the years I've tried the coffee, chocolate, coconut, macadamia nut, hazelnut, chocolate/hazelnut, and tiramisu, and I've never been disappointed. Highly recommended for a cool, refreshing afternoon snack!

1  Thank TravelNarwhal