“Sweet surprise!!”

Carousel Gelateria and Bar
Ranked #1 of 2 Shopping in Simpson Bay
Reviewed March 7, 2013

I gotta say that I am too picky when it comes to italian ice cream so I was a little bit skeptic about Carousel everytime I drove by it...

Last time on the island I took the chance and decided to give it a try!! OHHHH MY!!! The place is sooo charming and nicely placed that I almost felt I was in Italy! The gallery outside with all different kinds of people (famous and totally anonymous) having ice creams is really cool and when you get inside you can see the gelatos being made right in front of you!! I tried 4 different flavours (pistachio, mango, nocciola and hazelnuts) and all of them were amazing!!! EVERYONE THATS ENJOYS A GREAT ITALIAN GELATO SHOULD GIVE IT A TRY!

Reviewed December 28, 2012

After having passed by Carousel many times on our way to and from the airport, my family and I decided to stop and give it a try on one of our visits to St. Martin. The place is interesting, cute, and clean...the gelato is delicious. (Although what could be bad?) Over the years I've tried the coffee, chocolate, coconut, macadamia nut, hazelnut, chocolate/hazelnut, and tiramisu, and I've never been disappointed. Highly recommended for a cool, refreshing afternoon snack!

1  Thank TravelNarwhal
Reviewed July 19, 2012

The Carousel offers so much....ice cream, gelato, pastries, coffee, shopping, carousel ride, photo history, pleasure! Located on Welfare Rd., Simpson's Bay, in walking distance of resorts, hotels, and casinos. If you drive, there is parking in front and in a nearby lot. We've been to St. Martin twice and must restrict ourselves to visiting The Carousel every other day, otherwise we wouldn't do much else. So many delicious ice cream and gelato flavors, some unique, and scooped up by the nicest servers. The pastries are mouthwatering. They offer a large variety of excellent coffees. The gift shop has a good variety. The carousel ride is always a hit for young and old and only cost a few dollars. The photos along the outside walls of the covered circular porch are an interesting bit of history. The owner is often present and his pride is evident as he greets you. The security guard, Abraham, is a warm, interesting man to visit with.

2  Thank debbie r
Reviewed July 14, 2012

The gelato taste just like the gelato in Italy. There are so many flavors to choose from. They let you try samples to help you decide. This is a family owned business run by a family from north-eastern Italy. Aside, from selling delicious gelato they also sell reasonably priced Italian pottery. The owners took the time on a busy Saturday night to show us their home town on a map and exactly where in Italy the pottery is made. We visited twice during our stay and will definitely be back during our annual St Maarten visits!

1  Thank Barrister_16
Reviewed May 13, 2012

Nice, bright, clean and lots of great ice cream flavors. Service is nice and there is a big carousel in the back that kids can ride for $2 a piece. Only recommendation is that they offer wi-fi since all the other bakeries do.