“What can I say the best dinning experience”

Rancho Steak & Lobster
Ranked #46 of 115 Restaurants in Simpson Bay
Good for: Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed June 14, 2013

My wife came on our honeymoon to saint Martin for 5 days we visited rancho's 3 out of the five nights and the food, amazing, the staff amazing, the service friendly and the price. Well you pay for what you get but I think we got more then what we paid for cant wait to come back next year on our anniversary.
Thank you.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

I have no words enough to translate the horrible night I had.
First of all, what an unpleasant waitress! I came looking for a lobster and asked: "Is this lobster grilled?" and she said: "It's live lobster"
I was like... Ok... That's not what I asked. And then asked the price of the lobster plate, she said 29.90, or something like this.
My girlfriend is VERY allergic to lobster, shrimp and seafood in general, so she asked for a steak.
Ok.... We saw a lazy cockroach (but big) wandering around, but, since the restaurant is located above a pier we though that was unlucky and let it pass...

When our plates came, the food was ok, but two bites into the steak, my girlfriend started to choke and feel her throat closing. She was having an ALLERGIC crisis.

I asked the waitress if they grill the lobster and the steak in the same girll, and she said yes, and accusingly told my girlfriend that she had had to tell them she was allergic! SHE ASKED FOR A STEAK! HOW IN THE HEEL YOU GRILL A STEAK WITH THE LOBSTER IN THE SAME GRILL?????

Hurriedly I asked for the check to take her back to the hotel to take her medicine and that was another surprise, the lobster platter was 50 USD... The pleasant lady forgot to tell me that they sell lobster by pound! I'm a tourist, i'm not supposed to know this... But in the hurry I never complaint... I JUST WANT TO GET OUT OF THERE!!!

Fortunately they didn't charge for the steak... BUT CHARGED FOR THE SIDE ORDER!!!

So... i'm telling you... If you want a terrible night, just go to that place!!!

3  Thank Jorge P
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Beautiful place and the food was good, but we had the very first "unfriendly" waitress on the island...no smiles no small talk all business...seemed she was doing us a favor...since 15% tip was already added, that wasn't an issue, however, we usually leave an additional tip on island because the staff, most places is so very friendly and helpful...not
here!

1  Thank jjiggers
BalyDesigns, Guest Relations Manager at Rancho Steak & Lobster, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Dear jjiggers,
Thank you for your review and we're glad you liked our food. We take service just as seriously as the quality of our food and we're sincerely sorry about your experience. If you wouldn't mind, could you please provide a brief description of the waitress in question?

Reviewed June 4, 2013

Good service, nice steaks! Service is great. Staff is always smiling! Been here twice during our one week stay on the island, simply because we think it was the best place (price/quality).

Reviewed May 23, 2013

Went with friends to Rancho's for Dinner. Had awesome steak. Nice chimisomething sauce. Loved the flan for dessert. Great music & dancing. Bit loud but the wine helped. We had a great time.