“They Make it look Izi...Great Food, Service, Atmosphere”

IZI Ristorante Italiano
Ranked #6 of 116 Restaurants in Simpson Bay
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 3, 2014

My girlfriend and I visited Izi twice for dinner during our one week stay in the Maho Bay area.

Our first visit, on Sunday, July 27, 2014, I had the caprese salad and she had the Caesar salad. Both were excellent For dinner, she had angel hair with 4 Formaggi sauce and I had the melanzane alla parmigiana – main course size. Both were great. The eggplant is a must have. Light, airy - words I never thought I would use to describe this Italian dish - with mozzarella cheese. The best ever.

On our second visit on Friday, August 1, we started off with the La "Salsiccia" appetizer – grilled spicy Italian sausage skewers, corn polenta, Gorgonzola cheese. For dinner, we both had Caesar salads and the eggplant was so good, I had it again, only an appetizer portion. She had the gnocchi with 4 Formaggi sauce (she loves their cheese sauce…). The gnocchi was one of the best we had ever tasted. It was light, fluffy, melt in your mouth goodness.

The service is also impressive. There is even a wireless device at the table with 3 push button options - service, bread, check. Based on our experience, you won’t use it other than to test it like I did to see if it works. It does.

Which brings me to Deon and Lourencia. They were part of the excellent service team that made our dinner so enjoyable. I say team because you will meet several members of the talented Izi staff during your meal, which is what ensures a perfect experience. When I pushed “service” on that wireless device just to see how it would play out, Lourencia appeared at the table in a flash. I asked how she knew and she pointed to the device on her wrist and grinned….I was not her first device test.

Note – on our visits, they included a 15% tip (“SVC”) on the bill.

Don’t miss Izi in Simpson Bay and tell Deon and Lourencia that Paul and Donnie say hi and we will see them again in May 2015.

P.S. – when I asked how they got the eggplant so light and airy, I was told they used to fry it in olive oil and the eggplant would absorb a lot of the oil. Now, they slice the eggplant thin, brush only a little olive oil on both sides, and then bake it in the oven between sheet pans of some sort. Sounds like a health food to me! Hats off to the chef on that process.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,184)

Reviewed August 2, 2014

everything was perfect, over server was excellent, very attentive, pasta was cooked to perfection, everything just just awesome, a nice relaxing atmosphere

Reviewed August 1, 2014

Some of the best Italian food I've had. Service was attentive and eager to please. Decor was pleasant and not typical for an Italian place. Highly recommend.

Reviewed July 31, 2014

Weve had numerous meals here. The Lasagna is really the best Ive ever had. The Taramsu is excellent and the service the best

Reviewed July 31, 2014

We ate at quite a few restaurants. IZI was the best on the Island. Unfortuantly, we did not go eat there until our last night on the island would have love to have found this place in the beginning.