“Nice restaurant ”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

The food was pretty good. The olive tapenade that came with the bread is amazing. They have a little device on the table where you just hit the button if you need service, bread or the check. That device definitely came in handy. The prices were normal compared to most nice places on the island. Service was friendly. The Caesar salad tastes more fishy than I am accustomed to, which I'm sure is partly due to the fact that they make their own Caesar dressing in house, so the anchovies definitely stuck out. The chicken on the salad was seasoned with curry, which I wasn't too find of. The veal my husband had was amazing and so was the calamari appetizer we got.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,193)

Reviewed July 18, 2014

My family recently spent 10 days in St. Maarten. Dinner was exclusively at local restaurants. We ate in IZI 3 times during our trip as we were totally impressed with service, food preparation and food quality.

There are other restaurants that are of equal quality, IZI's difference was its total package to making the dining experience one to be repeated.

Reviewed July 15, 2014

The food was great. The service was pretty good as well. I had the Chicken Parmesan, and it was very good. The wife had the Lasagne, and it was also great.

Reviewed July 11, 2014

We checked this place out based on reviews we read here and we weren't disappointed. My girlfriend wasn't excited about italian food on a caribbean island, but she didn't complain after she started eating.

It is in the simpson bay area near many other restaurants. It is a small place near the movie theater. It is a modern design with cool seating and a nice patio.

The food was delicious, we started with the caprese salad and baked eggplant. Both were fantastic, the eggplant was oozing with cheese, not the healthiest choice but it was great. You can make your own pasta dish for main course. You pick the type of pasta from multiple choices including gluten free, gnocchi, and wheat pastas among many others. Then you choose the sauce and the meats/fish/vegetables etc that go with it. We had a gluten free pasta with a bunch of seafood on top. We also got the veal with gnocchi. Both were delicious.

They also had good wine deals compared to the rest of the island, we got $5 glasses of wine all night.

FYI if its your birthday tell them, or just say it is. They turn off all of the lights in the restaurant and pump Pharells Happy and come out signing with a huge candle going along with a light show. Pretty awesome.

Reviewed July 9, 2014

I consider this restaurant unusual, because Italian restaurants I used to visit are sort of homey restaurants with "family food". Anyway, they usually look as family place to eat. IZI Ristorante looks more like hi-tech place with fast and impeccable service, and very tasty food, but something typical Italian (based on my experience from Italy) is missing though the staff is extremely friendly and makes you feel as very special guest. Then, you look around and that hi-tech feeling came back.