“Amazing!”

Attleboro, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing!”
Reviewed June 24, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stumbled upon IZI last night and could not have been more pleasantly surprised. We were looking for a nice quiet place for dinner and this was just it. We sat on the patio and had a beautiful breeze. Service and food were great - they even have a call button on the table for the server to bring you bread, the check, or just service your table. The Beef Carpaccio was amazing and the Alfredo sauce was the best I have ever had. Topped everything off with cappuccino and creme brûlée. Modern ambiance with great food and service.

1 Thank Jor-Hay A A

New York City, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Italian Restaurant!”
Reviewed June 18, 2014

We had a great time at Izi while vacationing in St. Martin. The food was great & the staff was excellent, especially our waitress, Lourencia!! We loved it so much there we went back on our last night. The décor, the ambience & was especially appealing & it was immaculate. The best part- on the table they have a little gadget with buttons you can press if you want more bread, service or the check. Never seen this before. Great place if you're celebrating a birthday.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Barbara S
North Carolina
“Best Food in Phillipsburg Hands Down!!”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

This place is as good as it gets. No view, but with a menu and fresh, good, fast food and service I do not care!! We didn't even have reservations and these folks RAN to set us up a table out on the terrace with no wait involved!

They have different pasta ingredient selections based on your taste, and YOU pick the type of pasta you want it cooked with. I ordered the pasta von golle (clams) and let me first tell you I know my clam dishes. I look for 1) cleanliness of the clams (no sand and no grit within) 2) no smell (fresh clams do not smell like clams, they don't smell at all) and 3) when cooked properly, fresh clams stay attached to the shell when fully opened not fall out into the dish leaving a bunch of empty shells and overcooked shriveled up tough clam meat.

Well, these clams were perfect. They must have soaked them for a while to clean them. And they were so fresh and perfectly prepared, I had only one empty shell. And I swear there must have been a full pound of clams in this dish!! I ordered mine with spaghetti, and the sauce was light and made for some incredible bread dipping (when no one was looking).

The service was awesome, a manager takes your order on an electronic tablet so you get what you asked for and its sent electronically to the kitchen. I would imagine not much gets sent back to the kitchen as a result. Explanations are given, you are given exactly what you want. My request was not even on the menu, and they did not even blink when I asked for some combination not listed.

We will definitely be back here every time we visit St Maarten. The food and service are phenomenal, and the price was very good for the quality and quantity of food served.

Thanks IZI staff for a great meal and awesome service. Don't change a thing!!

• Visited June 2014
Blairsville, Georgia
“True to tradition in an untraditional way”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Marco and David have this restaurant rocking. As always the food and service was excellent! We were there in shoulder season so did not always need a reservation but would recommend such. New specials daily make the selection even more challenging but the standard menu is always excellent. Staff is great and will assist with your decision if needed. Love this place and the staff.

Visited May 2014
Huntsville, Alabama
“great until the entree”
Reviewed June 12, 2014

We dined at IZI last month. The atmosphere is open & modern; the restaurant clean. Service was good. The start of our experience was great... they served a minced black olive paste with crustini that was amazing. The bread was good and our salads were awesome! One salad shared was plenty and they plated the salad up separately for us. However, when it came to the entrée, we were very disappointed. The pasta (we had ravioli & fettuccini) was home made but they went too far on the al dente; the pasta was tough and without much flavor. If your looking for good Italian, this really misses the mark.

• Visited May 2014