“mixed reaction”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed May 14, 2014

Mixed reaction on their food. Some was good. Some was not good. As we began our meal, the tapenade with bread was good. The Ceasar salad was the best - so far - on the island. The pasta was either undercooked or the al dente had way too much bite to it. The chicken parm was just so so so. I liked my four cheese pasta.

Service was disappointing. They tried, but the wait staff needs a bit more training as to what is important. I asked for butter and watched the waitress reset two other tables (no one was waiting for them) before she went to the kitchen to get my butter . . . and then she forgot. We had to remind her. When getting containers for what we had left of our meals to go, they forgot to bring mine but then ran out with it just as I concluded the food was in the trash. When she asked how we enjoyed our meal we told her the pasta was undercooked and she immediately said, "al dente." No further comment. We weren't looking for a freebie, but I got the impression she has routinely answered this question this same way.

This was a pricey bill for a mediocre meal.

1  Thank Joe C
There are newer reviews for IZI Ristorante Italiano

Reviewed May 13, 2014

My husband and I had a wonderful dinner here. There is both indoor seating and outdoor seating. Indoor, the tables are close enough to hear conversations of the couple seated next to us. Indoor seating is air conditioned. Nice wine selection.
I had the Fettuccini Carbonara-which was really good! My husband had the gnocchi with meat sauce. He said it was okay. I should explain that we are used to homemade pastas and food.
Our waitress was prompt and courteous. They have a call button right on the table that you can use for various reasons. Bread, service, check. This was unique to this restaurant.
They serve bread with kalamata olive spread and olive oil.

This was a nice dinner of moderate price.

2  Thank SiberianHuskyLVR
Reviewed May 12, 2014

Great food and great service. Great place to have a birthday party .
Clean and AC. Will go back on our next visit

Reviewed May 10, 2014

The reviews here are not at all representative of what this restaurant really is. The decor is super cheesy and the food is not as good as I can make at home. It reminded me of eating in a food court at a mall but is certainly not priced that way. If you live in a big city and are used to fine dining and good Italian food do not go near this place. If you don't ever eat out or are perhaps looking for somewhere to take your kids, this place might be just fine. I would not recommend and will certainly not be going back.

Reviewed May 10, 2014

A couple we ran into dining in Orient Bay recommended this restaurant. We stopped by after the carnival and we were so glad we did. It's right next to the movie theatre and I was a bit hesitant as it was in the strip mall area. The food was so good. Be prepared for large, very flavorful portions! We told the waitress we were going to share a salad and appetizer before our meal and she brought them out to the table already split in our separate plates. I couldn't believe how huge they were. Our eggplant parm could have easily fed 4 of us. The pasta is freshly made and the sauces are so good. My biggest surprise was the chocolate molten lava cake. It was the best I have ever had. It was fluffy and moist and just the right consistency. I was hoping to make it back to this side again before we left, but never did. A must try and so reasonably priced compared to some of the restaurants on the island.
The owner/chef who is supposedly no longer the chef chatted with us for a while and he was very pleasant. Definitely worth a try you won't regret it. They also provide a button on the table like the easy button to ring for "service, bread, check" and it pages the waitress! Very cool.