“Outstanding”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 19, 2013

It was the best resturant on St. Maarten. The food was like eating in italy. You have to experience IZI.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

Third time there and it gets better every time. Quality of food and service at the top. Try it out you'll love it

Reviewed July 17, 2013

We LOVE IZI!!! It is one of our favorite places to eat on SXM. There are many, many choices. Even our son who doesn't care for Italian food likes to eat at IZI. Love the modern decor, great wine, great wait-staff. Go early because they have a good crowd every night.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

My boyfriend and I spent 10 days on St. Martin/ St. Maarten. We ate at this Italian restaurant 4 evenings in a row. I am Italian and work in NYC. My boyfriend is Italian and is a manager at a highly rated Italian restaurant in Astoria, Queens. We know Italian food! That said, this place is better than our favorite Italian spots in NYC. You MUST try the sausage and polenta in a cheese appertizer. Let me repeat that- you MUST try the sausage and polenta in a cheese appertizer. His veal dish was TENDER. My grouper dish was FRESH. You are able to combine different pastas with different types of gravy/sauce. The gnocchi was light and fluffy as it should be and the bolognese w/ meatball sauce made me giddy. And they have the BEST STAFF I have EVER come across at a restaurant. GULIO and this other gentleman who I forget his name now because of too much wine and limoncello- are OUTSTANDING. The women were just as warm and professional but they weren't our main servers. A special surprise awaits if it's your birthday!!! Make sure you have your hotel call ahead for you and reserve a table- they are usually very busy. KUDOS to the owner for such a FABULOUS establishment.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

We had a lovely meal here where you choose from a variety of types of pasta and then choose from a vast array of sauces. We sat outside, but the inside was beautiful with modern white tables and chairs and gorgeous red light fixtures. When someone has a birthday or anniversary, they have a laser light show and bring out cake with huge sparklers. Our food was great and they had a lot of staff who gave great service. Very classy place!