“Fantastic!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed May 10, 2013

On May 3rd 2013 my husband and I had a very special anniversary at Izi's. The food was prepared for us by the gracious and attentive staff. We had exceptional service. My husband had asked the owner David to prepare a special evening for us. We were not disappointed, a six course meal was served to us by attentive ever pleasing staff. The presentation and tastefulness of our meal was outstanding. We have been to Izi's numerous times in past years, and always rate this restaurant the number one dining experience. We will definitely be a regular customer to this fine establishment.

There are newer reviews for IZI Ristorante Italiano

Reviewed May 9, 2013

I have been going to St Maarten for many years. On the plane I read about IZI's being the #1 Italian restaurant on SXM. I asked a couple I met there and they said it was great. We went there for dinner. I thought the atmosphere was very nice and sophisticated. We ordered the mussels. They were good though a bit fishy for my taste. I had the Chicken Marsala. It was fantastic. The chicken was so tender and moist. The sauce was very flavorful, My friend had a pasta in red sauce with shrimp. It had a nice spiciness, not to overbearing. The desserts were to die for. The staff was very attentive but they did not hover. Oh, and I forgot...the bread was great!

I am heading back there in Nov and IZI's will be on my list of restaurants to go to.

Give it a try. You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

Excellent! Clearly one of St. Maarten's finest. We dined with friends and we all agreed, Izi lives up to all the excellent reviews posted. Great pasta dishes. Excellent waitstaff...friendly and efficient. We will go again. Best to make reservations.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

We were familair with IZI having visited SXM each year for the last 3 but had never taken the opportunity to eat there. We decided that our last night on the island would be a combination birthday celebration for me as well for our anniversary and that IZI was the place to dine. Wow, were we upset that we had not gone there before. We did not have reservations and were given the standard "10 to 15 minute wait" greeting so sat at the bar, ordered glasses of wine and before we had taken our first sip, were seated. Their wine selecion by the glass isn't very good but they do have a very nice wine list for full bottle purchases. We ordered the vegetarian and "regular" lasagna and could not finish our meal. The service was great, atmosphere nice and we can't wait to go back next year.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

Atmosphere and Service was Great, Although we had many different Servers. Food Presentation was Horrible. Plate didn't have a garnish just seem as if it was in a rush but restaurant wasn't busy. Food had No flavor and the texture was off. I must say I did enjoy the coucous.

3  Thank Brit S