“You don't know what you're missing”

IZI Ristorante Italiano
Ranked #8 of 113 Restaurants in Simpson Bay
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Wantagh, New York
“You don't know what you're missing”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

On the way back from Philipsburg we were hungry and decided to stop at IZI Pasta Lounge. We had been there before and were impressed with their menu and the quality of their food and service. They did not disappoint us this time either. My appetizer, Grande Antipasto Italiano (Parma ham, spicy salami, provolone cheese, roasted red peppers and eggplants marinated in extra virgin olive oil and garlic) was excellent and my wife’s Seafood Mediterranean "Guazzetto" (mussels, shrimps, calamari, mahi mahi & toasted garlic ciabatta bread slices for as the menu says ‘to soak up the last drop’) was equally delicious. For the main course we both went with pasta…Beef and ham capeletti, mine Carbonara, and my wife went with the Mushroom sauce. Just great.

If you are in the Simpson Bay area or you don’t mind traveling from where ever you are on Sint Maarten/St. Martin, a visit to IZI is a must for a great dinner. The staff is very friendly and attentive and the food is definitely worth the trip.

• Visited April 2013

“nice change from fish !”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

alot of choices of pasta. Great wait staff ! The waitress was very helpful. I had the vegetarian pasta & it was great and came out very hot, just like I like it. My husband enjoyed his pasta. We ate outside and it was very relaxing. We went late & everything was perfect. Good bread and they give you a buzzer if you want more. I heard mixed reviews so I guess it's hit or miss !

Visited April 2013
Bath
“Tinned tomato soup sauce”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We ate at Izzi during a 2 week visit to St Martin in March. The food was very poor! The tomatoes in the capresse were a cheap tasteless variety, not the lovely fresh vine flavoured tomatoes, or plum ones we are used to. Poor quality mozarella I would question it being Buffalo mozarella. My Pollo Marsala was lacking in a key ingredient the Marsala wine, the Alfredo Sauce on the pasta not even cooked through properly, so it had a floury powdered texture. My husbands tomato sauce on his pasta was definately not freshly made, it tasted just like a tin of tomato soup stirred in with some tasteless sausage. I agree with other reviews that the staff were very fake and the service button gadget just a gimmick. Very, very disappointing after seeing previous excellent reviews. Needless to say we didn't eat there again. Don't bother unless they get their act together and employ a decent Italian Chef.

• Visited March 2013
London, Canada
“Italian like in Italy”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This restaurant is deceiving from the outside, but wander in and you will be glad you did. Great food and service, even offer 2 varieties of gluten free pasta, which was cooked perfectly.

Visited March 2013
stamford, ct
“Very good food”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We really enjoyed our dinner here. The food, portions and waitstaff were very good. We will be trying it again when we return to Sint Maarten!

• Visited October 2012