“Blah - overpriced, underwhelming and misleading website!”

IZI Ristorante Italiano
Ranked #9 of 112 Restaurants in Simpson Bay
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Kids, Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Blah - overpriced, underwhelming and misleading website!”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

Went here expecting a lot based on the race reviews, but were disappointed. We tried the Cozze pasta with mussels and Vodka e Gamboroni with shrimp. The mussles tasted spoiled and the vodka sauce was completely tasteless. Other dishes might be better but our server wasn't helpful at all and wouldn't recommend any sauces over others even when we asked her to.

On top of it, the prices are about $3-5 higher than the ones on their website. And we were charged $5 for water. Overall, we won't be back and won't recommend Izi to anyone else.

IZISXM, Manager at IZI Ristorante Italiano, responded to this review, November 17, 2012
We are sorry that you did not enjoyed your experience at IZI, we always strive for full customer satisfaction, if advised we would have not hesitate to refund your meals and make it right.
Regarding the website, yes it is not up to date but it is clearly written that prices might change, believe us, it is not our purpose to mislead potential customers with it.
Best regards

Marco

new haven, CT
“Just great Italain Food a must stop in St Maarten”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

my wife and I have been coming to St Maarten for many years now and it's a great pleasure to have a excellent Italain meal on the Dutch side of the island. you won't be disappointed with a vist to this little piece of Italy in St Maarten.

• Visited October 2012
Las Vegas, Nevada
“This was the best meal in Simpson Bay!”
Reviewed October 18, 2012 via mobile

What a great meal and friendly service! We told the waiter what we were thinking and asked her his advice. We went with his recommendations and the food was amazing. We will go back!

“Delicious”
Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

Food was delicious, service was great. Will return here again. Bolognese sauce was great. Menu is easy to order from, no a lot of complicated choices.

Queens, New York
“A Slice of (Italian) Heaven”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Izi's is my New Favorite Italian Restaurant! My friend and I were there in July 2012. I wanted to dine there since the Grand Opening. As vacations go ~ Time ran out way too soon. I vacation in SXM 9 weeks each summer & I try to frequent all the old & new favorites during that time. The food is PASTALICIOUS! The ambiance is romantic & elegant! The prices are very reasonable.The wait staff is very helpful & friendly (of course they are - this IS the friendly Island) ~ Plenty of parking. I can't wait to get back to my home away from home in July 2013 & Izi's is at the Top of my list! You will not be disappointed, trust me!

• Visited July 2012