“Nice atmosphere and location on the beach. Good food too.”
Review of The Greenhouse

The Greenhouse
Ranked #17 of 115 Restaurants in Simpson Bay
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed June 14, 2013

We walked over from our condo. Seated right away. I had the crab stuffed grouper, delicious! A friend had coconut chicken, decent. Other two friends thought portions were just average for the money. I enjoyed my meal and surroundings. Plus 2 men playing next door could be heard from our seats and it was very enjoyable. We walked over after dinner to listen and dance and there's a metal fire feature beach side.

There are newer reviews for The Greenhouse

Reviewed June 14, 2013

my husband and I ate there a couple of times while in St. Maarten. The staff was friendly. Good service and prices were reasonable. Would definitely eat here again on my next trip to St. Maarten

1  Thank Luve2Travel1962
Reviewed June 13, 2013

This little spot had quite good food and was charming and quiet. The servers were kind and timely. Fish tacos were excellent and the we enjoyed the ambience. Nice alternative to Buccaneer Bar, quieter and a perfect for conversation.

1  Thank Maui-no-Kai-oi
Reviewed June 10, 2013

We ate dinner here. The service was fine but the food was lacking. I would pass on this restaurant the next time around.

Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

This is a casual restaurant on the beach which usually means nothing too fancy and probably a little overpriced and that is pretty much what I got. Stopped in on my last day in Simpson Bay and had the taco salad while my partner had the French onion soup. The soup wasn't too bad but the taco salad was a little disappointing. Now granted I don't like guac or sour cream so removing these does make me lower my expectations, but what I got was nachos really, just some tortilla chips with a little lettuce, very little cheese, pico de gallo and a conservatively sized ramekin/amount of "ground beef." My guess is that they might use the same supplier that Taco Bell did when it was discovered their beef was only 35% beef and the rest fillers because it just didn't taste like beef at all, pretty bland. Unfortunately, I had expected a taco salad like I've seen in the US where you get a taco bowl with quality ground beef and a decent amount of ingredients even without the guac and sour cream. Service was mediocre at best as the waitress was more interested in eating her own food rather than serving us and checking to see if we were okay. Overall not too impressed but in the end, not surprised by what I got. Might consider trying in the evening and dinner entrees to better gauge the restaurant.