“Great location, ok restaurant”
Review of The Greenhouse

The Greenhouse
Ranked #17 of 113 Restaurants in Simpson Bay
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Shenzhen, China
“Great location, ok restaurant”
Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

This is a casual restaurant on the beach which usually means nothing too fancy and probably a little overpriced and that is pretty much what I got. Stopped in on my last day in Simpson Bay and had the taco salad while my partner had the French onion soup. The soup wasn't too bad but the taco salad was a little disappointing. Now granted I don't like guac or sour cream so removing these does make me lower my expectations, but what I got was nachos really, just some tortilla chips with a little lettuce, very little cheese, pico de gallo and a conservatively sized ramekin/amount of "ground beef." My guess is that they might use the same supplier that Taco Bell did when it was discovered their beef was only 35% beef and the rest fillers because it just didn't taste like beef at all, pretty bland. Unfortunately, I had expected a taco salad like I've seen in the US where you get a taco bowl with quality ground beef and a decent amount of ingredients even without the guac and sour cream. Service was mediocre at best as the waitress was more interested in eating her own food rather than serving us and checking to see if we were okay. Overall not too impressed but in the end, not surprised by what I got. Might consider trying in the evening and dinner entrees to better gauge the restaurant.

• Visited June 2013

San Diego, California
“Great location, great food”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

At one end of the beachwalk, near the ferry dock. Good-sized restaurant with lots of open-air seating. Really good, varied menu and 2-for-1 drinks after 4pm. Good service.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank JMJCW
Moreno Valley, California, United States
“Lobster Lovers 'Licious”
Reviewed June 7, 2013

This restaurant was located a short walk down the hill from the resorts we rented on two occasions. I didn't really expect to enjoy their "LOBSTER" special that was available twice a week. However, the first visit sealed the deal. The grilled lobster special is permanently etched on my taste buds...I thoroughly enjoyed every morsel.

Visited January 2013
“Fun casual beach bar & drinks”
Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

We stated at the Atrium & ate there almost everyday while staying on the beach. The drinks seemed always to be 2 for one. So serving my husband & I,four drinks at a time was a lot. The bang bang shrimp & the calamari were my favs. The bartender was hilarious.

• Visited May 2013
Peterborough, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Memorial Day 2013”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Excellent food! Best drinks! Great Service. The Bang Bang Shrimp and the Stuffed Grouper were delicious. We ate at both locations at least 3 times on our trip. A little pricey:-(

• Visited May 2013