“AMAZING!!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 5, 2012

Very quite, italian restaurant in simpson bay. If you want home tasting italian food, this is the place to go. I tried the chicken marsala that left my mouth watering! Also, nearby is a nice marina to walk by. If your looking for small, cozy, and romantic you must stop by.

Reviewed May 24, 2012

Can't imagine why anyone who has eaten here recently would give a favorable review! Perhaps not familiar with Italian cuisine??? Our first clue should have been that at 7pm we were the only patrons in the restaurant (and no one else came in while we were there). The owner?/host took our orders and brought out all the food. He kept hovering nearby. It was almost creepy. At one point my husband asked him to sit and join us. He declined. The Ceasar salad...bad, not enough of whatever the dressing was supposed to be; meatballs...just as bad, chewy and funky, like they had beed nuked in a microwave oven. The chicken marsala was served in a cheesy sauce (kind of like a mac & cheese sauce, only incredibly salty) The spaghetti side was teeny-tiny and super al dente (crunchy, seriously!) Won't comment on the sauce. My husband ordered the bracciole. Deep fried. Not like any bracciole I had ever eated at my Sicilian mother-in-law's table. The rest of our dinner party had similarly disappointing meals. I think you're getting the point. Couldn't wait to get the H**L out of there, after spending about $100 per couple. The sad part is that we were especially excited to go there because we heard how great the meatballs were and we drove around Simpson Bay the day before looking for this joint. Should have read some of the reviews beforehand! Can not and will not recommend this place to anyone. Sorry handsome owner?/host!

M.D

1  Thank M D
Reviewed May 17, 2012

Just like your Italian dining experience should be. The food was fresh and the portion size was adequate. If I had read the reviews on here BEFORE I would likely not have gone and missed a great meal. I travel all over the world and this was as good a meal as I have had.

The price is a little high, but what on the Island is not? The server was attentive and friendly.

Would I go back? Yep.

Reviewed May 7, 2012

5/3/12 We could not wait to go to Valntino, drove 30 minutes in the tropical storm just for a big dissapointment. We were the only couple sitting there. A man came out he said he was the owner he spoke italian to us, so we thought we were going to be trated special because we are Italian. We were so wrong. We aked for tap water and he gave us bottled water and charged $7.
As i picked up my glass i noticec i had a fly in my glass. I called him all he did was take the glass and game me another, without saying he was sorry or make any kind of excuse.
He gave us a small basket with bread with no butter, no bruschetta or caponata or anything.
We ordered fritto misto, all we got was 4 little pieces of carrots and 4 pieces of broccoli. it was not worth the price. We asked to seafood pasta, he told us not to order it its not for us.
I asked him how is the penne with shrimp, he said that's good. That was another dissapointment He gave me a juge plate with a small portion of penne with tomato sause a tittle zucchini and 4 small shrimp. the sauce was terrible.
He did not offer anything to us to make up. at the end he gave us the bill to pay with a total $85.00 not worth it.
All the restaurants we ate in St Maarten were very curtious and offered a glass of wine or dessert . But Valentino restaurant doesn't care if his customers do go back.
We will nver go back or recommend this place.

Reviewed May 2, 2012

After being approached on the beach by a "sales person" for Valentinos, 8 of us decided to give it a shot one night. Unfortunately, after an $86 per couple tab, most of us left both hungry and disappointed.
Several people started with the $13 caesar salad (IMHO ridiculous price for a salad), which only had the dressing on top and not even mixed in. We had to order additional dressing to coat the rest.
My father ordered the veal parm for his main course and the piece of veal was petite, about the size of a deck of cards with a SMALL helping of penne pasta on the side. When your paying $30 for a veal dish you expect a decent piece of meat. And come on guys, pasta is dirt cheap - why the small side portion? My daughter ordered the chicken marsala which had 2 little pieces of broccoli and probably a tablespoon of mashed potatoes as the sides. My mother had the eggplant which consisted of 2 thin slices of eggplant that just disappeared in the cheese and sauce. It was the same story for all dishes around the table. Again, broccoli, potatoes & eggplant are other inexpensive ingredients. Why they were so frugal in the portions just baffled our minds.
But it is their loss as we learned our lesson and will not return. Too many other good restaurants to visit