“Better than most places, but not the best.”
Review of Bel Mar Grill - CLOSED

Bel Mar Grill
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations, Waitstaff
New York
“Better than most places, but not the best.”
Reviewed June 9, 2010

The place was empty when we went on a thursday night around 7:30, which was a little worrisome, however our food was pretty good. I got the baked stuffed local lobster, which was overpriced, but very tasty. The conch fritters were pretty good. The view of the Pelican Marina was nice at night. But for the price and the taste, not as good as Bon Appetit or Saratoga.

Parking is available but is usually gobbled up by the buccaneer beach bar across the street

Wyckoff, New Jersey
“The worst!”
Reviewed June 8, 2010

We were a party of 6 and decided to try out the Bel Mar since it was nearby our hotel. First of all; parking is difficult. Second - decor is nothing to write home about. Service was decent and pleasant but the food was awful!!!! Did I say awful???? I mean probably one of the worse meals we've ever eaten anywhere. My husband and two of the other guys ordered the steak and I sat and watched each of them struggle while cutting their meat. Then I watched as my husband tried to chew his meat and had to keep spitting it out into his napkin because it was such a terrible cut he couldn't chew it! Don't know what we were thinking; but no one complained at the time because we didn't want to be rude. But once we were outside we each shared our thoughts about what a terrible meal we had that just cost us $120 per couple!!!! And last but not least; they brought a tea box when my girlfriend asked for tea. Her husband was kind enough to not mention the roach that was on top of the tea box until we were all out of the restaurant. He didn't want to upset any of us. This place should be closed down personally. The food was horrible.

nashville, tn
“One of the finest in St. Maarten”
Reviewed April 15, 2010

I give this restaurant 5 stars. Its hard to find a place to start... This restaurant is very clean and well kept, the ambiance is cozy, the service is excellent and the staff is friendly.

Most importantly, the food and wine are top notch. I tried several different dishes and they were all delicious. The conch fritters are tasty, the seafood is fresh, clean, and prepared to perfection, and this place the the BEST onion rings I've ever had. (and I've tried them all over the world!)

Given the chance, I'd eat here anytime.

3 Thank mjtnas