“Pass it by”

Dining options: Reservations, Waitstaff
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Pass it by”
Reviewed April 24, 2012

Went there for dinner while in St Maarten. Forget it. The fish my wife and I had were the tail cuts from the fillet, the lowest grade available. The veggies were just warm and had little taste. Prices were much to high for for the quality. Much better choices all around. The only benifet was it was on the upper level and had a decent view above the neighboring bar.

• Visited April 2012
2 Thank 2010Escape

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Excellent prime rib”
Reviewed December 28, 2010

We loved the food and the view of Simpson Bay. The staff was wonderful and the atmosphere was charming!

Cheadle, United Kingdom
“easy lobster”
Reviewed November 19, 2010

good service and good food we both had the lobster after being recommended it was brilliant they take it out of the shell cook it in spices then put it back saves all the hard work the onion soup for stsrter was to die for a reasonable price for excellant food and good service

San Diego, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“extremely overpriced, OK food”
Reviewed October 7, 2010

We read an article in one of the local guide magazines, so we decided to give it a try. We tried to order their special, but they said they ran out of some of the ingredients so it wasn't available. I asked about the Creole sauce on the fish, since we had a fish with Creole sauce the night before at the resort restaurant that was basically a sweet and sour sauce, and I thought maybe our resort had gotten it wrong. Our waitress told me it wasn't sweet or sour, so I ordered it, but it ended up being the exact same sauce I had the night before. I was disappointed since I was looking for something different. We had started off with the fish soup and French onion. Each was $9, so I figured either it must be the best soup ever, or a huge portion. Unfortunately it was neither. The soups tasted OK, but for $9 we expected a lot better.
We had the conch fritters as an appetizer, and they tasted very good. I was a little weirded out though that the side sauces were communal, as in they looked used and as if they were passed around from table to table in little gravy boats.
We had the aforementioned fish and the chicken & ribs platter. They tasted good, but way overpriced for what it was. We also got the mushrooms and some french fries on the side, and those were mediocre.
The atmosphere is cozy, and shabby chic cute. Service was OK.We will definitely not recommend it though because it was not worth the price.

1 Thank Meli042
santa barbara
“great dinner”
Reviewed September 26, 2010

quiet probably because of difficult parking and off the beaten path. We had a great dinner although prices are a little higher than we like. Nice open air view of Pelican Bay.