“Very good food, friendly staff and music!”
Review of Bon Appetit

Bon Appetit
Ranked #23 of 115 Restaurants in Simpson Bay
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Bon Appetit is a beautiful little French restaurant located in the heart of Pelican Key in the Simpson Bay Resort. Located directly across the street from the Hollywood Casino parking lot and The Red Piano. Opened in December 2009 serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner Bon Appetit offers a wide variety of classic American breakfasts in the morning, gourmet sandwiches at lunch, and classic French Dishes and vibrant daily specials in the evening. The restaurant opens daily at 7 AM with fresh pastries, breakfasts, and coffees for dine in or takeaway. Breakfast is available daily until 2 PM. After a morning on the beach get out of the sun and come in for a light lunch and a refreshing cocktail. As the sun sets Bon Appetit is just getting started with live entertainment starting nightly at 6:30 PM featuring a wide variety of entertainers playing a great variety of songs perfect to complete the atmosphere for a fantastic dining experience. Every evening Bon Appetit offers a list of fresh specials from classic French dishes to Caribbean classics with a French twist. To compliment the food, Bon Appetit also offers a superb wine list boasting a selection of wines from all over the world. For the cocktail drinker Bon Appetit also features a fantastic specialty cocktail list. The cocktail list has many classic drinks as well as great house specialties like our Kettle One Mango Martini and our House signature French Champagne Martini. Come in and enjoy our fantastic food, entertainment, service, and ambiance right on your doorstep. Bon Appetit is open from 7 AM daily until at least 10:30 PM during the week and 11 PM on weekends.
Reviewed January 9, 2014

We ate breakfast and two dinners here - all were very good for this type of casual french dining. Staff was friendly. Music was a plus.

There are newer reviews for Bon Appetit

Reviewed January 8, 2014

Although the hotel had a limited New Year's Eve menu, it was delicious. They made me a huge and delicious Cosmo to start. The scallops and shrimp were delicious. But, the best part, was the dessert. They literally offered samples of 5 fabulous French desserts, and each was the size of a full dessert. Of course, I had to try all, and I only left parts of 2. A very nice experience, especially since the actual Simpson Bay Resort is a nightmare for a tourist.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

Although the food is a little pricey for breakfast the atmosphere is remarkable. Although there is not an ocean view you can catch your occasional rainbow which makes your morning feel magical.

Reviewed January 3, 2014

My husband and I ate here several times during our vacation as it was very convenient to our resort (Simpson Bay). We did not have a bad meal. The food was very fresh and hot when served. The staff was very friendly and polite. It is a small place, quaint. We really enjoyed the food and the atmosphere.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

I really hate to write this review because the breakfast here is incredible. They have illy coffee, which is great, and the baked goods were really surprisingly good. I also got very good breakfast sandwiches which surprised me. My favorite thing was actually off the lunch menu but they made it for me at breakfast (and even gave us complimentary coffee refills as a way of apologizing for how long it took to make it... which was not very long!). It was called a croque madame: a ham sandwich between toast with an egg on top of it. I wish I could get these everywhere. It was delicious. Also note that their breakfast is really not overpriced. It's very reasonable.

Additionally, I love the location. The outdoor seating is so nice with a view of the sea, especially at night with lanterns. The staff is also very friendly and helpful.

However, we came here once for dinner and it was really disappointing. It was, unlike the breakfast, very expensive, and also kind of shockingly bad. We had escargot as an appetizer and fresh bread, which both were great. However, my girlfriend got the seafood pasta and I got a sampler of three types of meat. She described the seafood pasta as "a seafood massacre in noodles" and I really can't disagree. It was not good and just really strange - a lot of weird textures, few scallops and shrimp, and it didn't taste great. My dish was also disappointing. It was around $30 and the amount of food was pretty appalling. The pork tenderloin was good, but the flank steak was downright terrible and not even particularly warm. Additionally, it was supposed to come with fresh vegetables, but... didn't really. It also came with fries, which were delicious. Unfortunately there were about 6 on the plate. I know this was in St. Maarten and everything's a bit more expensive, but I really would have been disappointed paying even $20 for a meal like this.

I honestly hate to hate on this place so much because I loved having breakfast here multiple times, but the dinner was just unexcusably bad, in our opinion.