“Wow!!!!!”

and up
Discover Scuba in St Maarten
Ranked #3 of 39 Tours in Simpson Bay
More attraction details
Owner description: Dive Adventures, located on the marina of the Simpson Bay resort, formerly known as the Pelican resort, is a full service PADI resort facility offering daily dives, night dives and enriched air (Nitrox). We also offer all PADI courses. Our custom built dive boats offer plenty of sun protection and cold beverages. Our professional staff takes great pride in safety and customer care.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Havertown, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Wow!!!!!”
Reviewed June 23, 2014

It was amazing! I'm 11 and it was my first time diving and they did a great job helping me learn. It was beautiful. Highly recommend it for anyone coming to Sint Maarten. Our dive master, Demian, was super! He was very kind, funny, outgoing, just wonderful. Zayvia was his helper and she held my hand the whole time, very nice lady. She helped me a lot. Our capt., Soinzg, was a very nice guy too. All speak great English if that is what you speak. We saw many cool fish and they point out all the fish. I would do it again in a heartbeat!! Enjoy if you go!!

Visited June 2014
3 Thank beachwaves829

Auburn Washington
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Another great Dive Adventure vacation”
Reviewed June 11, 2014

What can I say that I haven't said before and what others have already stated. If you plan on diving in St Maarten, Dive Adventures is the only operation to use. I have over 185 dives just on the Dive Machine with Dive Adventures. Just completed 22 this last trip. One of the highlights was the Porpoise that stayed with us for about 15 minutes. Captain Soinet let us know as we approached the second dive location that there was a Porpouse in the water and along with the dive crew got us into the water quickly after a complete dive briefing. What an experience. Malica, Jarno and Damian each have there specialties in finding the best to create the best photo opportunities. I can't say enough about how personable the whole dive team is. Vinney knows how to hire and train the best the island has to offer for a fantastic dive experience. I was also able to dive with Sandra who was a dive master many years with Dive Adventures until March when she went to work on the Lambada twice on her Sundays off. Two very special days. I am already counting the days down till next May when I get to dive with this fantastic team again.

2 Thank SXMScubaman
Charleston, South Carolina, United States
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Like Diving With Old Friends”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

Every time I revisit St. Maarten, I get in 10-20 dives with Dive Adventures. Each visit, I'm reminded of how good diving can be in the right place and at the right time, but most importantly, with the right crew.
Dive Adventures knows how to take care of their guests, providing everyone with plenty of water and juice to stay hydrated pre-dive, and plenty of beer to enjoy the ride back post-dive. The crew takes pains to group divers by ability and interests, so advanced divers are not stuck at 30 feet with newer divers, and casual divers are not slowed down by photographers.
Dive Machine is a sleek, spacious boat, with room to fit at least 10 divers comfortably, racks to keep tanks secure and out of the way, and enough sunny and shaded areas to suit all passengers. Soinet, the boat captain, is the glue that holds the crew together. He knows all the sites like the back of his hand, remembers his passengers by name from year to year, and even remembers what sites they visited and how much weight they use. Demian is a terrific guide and works well with younger divers and experienced ones alike. Milica seems to have a knack for producing eagle rays and reef sharks on demand, and she loves to point out the tiniest creatures for curious photographers. Jarno is always good for a laugh with his inventive underwater signals for different sea critters.
The crew change divers' tanks for them between dives, help divers don and doff their gear, brief everyone at every site, every time, and even attend to the little things like defogging masks and collecting trash. All of them are very safety conscious -- expertly deploying SMBs on drift dives, efficiently dispatching invasive lionfish, and keeping a watchful eye on wayward divers. Still, they allow divers to explore sites within the limits of their certified abilities, quietly keeping everyone together without "herding" groups or tap-tap-tapping their tanks just to exert control.
Credit for this smooth-running operation goes to the boss, Vinnie. He is masterful at finding top-notch staff and hanging on to them over the years in a very high-turnover industry. Unlike some other operations I've dived with, Dive Adventures focuses on customer service, making sure guests happy and doing everything right to keep them that way. I can't wait to get back next year!

2 Thank DCo1960
Atlanta
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Best Dive Experience from beginning to end!”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

I just returned from a trip to St Maarten that included getting Open Water Certification with my two children (who did Jr certification). From my initial inquiry, through our training process and dives- the whole staff was amazing. Milica was our instructor and was extremely knowledgeable and patient with us, and spent extra time with the kids. I also got to dive with Demian, who was excellent as well. On two or three occasions, the staff went above and beyond to make our experience just perfect. I highly recommend Dive Adventures, and would also highly recommend Milica if you are doing any training with younger children.
We can't wait to get back and dive with them again.

Visited June 2014
Raleigh, North Carolina
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Best Diving in St. Maarten”
Reviewed June 7, 2014

OK – once again the people at Dive Adventures made diving in St. Maarten safe and incredible! Thanks to Demian, Soinet, Roy, Jarno and Millica for making it great! Their flexibility and attention to the divers is over the top!
(They even did a Tuesday night dive when enough of us wanted to go!)
Demian is the guy who got me trained in about TWO DAYS last year for my open water and it was an honor and a pleasure to be able to dive with him again! I’ll see you next year! Nobody else is better!

1 Thank Ray W