“Amazing iced coffees!”

Vesna Taverna
Ranked #5 of 115 Restaurants in Simpson Bay
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Local cuisine
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We sat down and ordered iced coffees, expecting what you get in the states. Instead we were treated to these cafe mocha iced coffee things in a parfait glass. It was much like a milkshake. I had an average bacon/egg/ and cheese on an everything bagel. My partner had a veggie omelette with a side of potatoes. Potatoes were a little cold. Good service.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

We were staying in Simpson Bay last weekend and happened to stay at the hotel above Vesna Taverna, making it an obvious choice for our breakfast needs. I have to say our waitress, as I recall her name was Julia (from Trinidad) made us feel like her best customers ever. She was funny, she was kind, she was the best and we just had to go back there every morning for the coffee, breakfast and the chitchat and teasing what came with it. Oh, and the food was great, too!

1  Thank zoltannemeth
Reviewed June 14, 2013

We found this little place 2 yrs ago when we were here with 3 other friends and loved the food, owners and server. In fact, the bartender at Royal Palm Resort gave us the recommendation and we were not disappointed . We enjoyed ourselves so much....we went back for dinner another night for dinner. And we were treated like family.......fine with us because we are friendly people as well! Well we just came to St Maartin in June 2013 and Vesna Taverna was on our list of restaurants to go for sure.
What a surprise! Vesna remembered us from 2 years ago! How impressed was I ! I was shocked and thrilled. Now that's a good restaurant.....the owners actually remember their patrons.
Well, the fresh fish was grouper and special of the day with lovely salad and fresh vegtable melody. Was scrumptious ! Enjoyed every last morsel! And presented so elegantly. The server we had was Karen. Very sweet and attentive at her job! We enjoyed her so much. Always nice to feel at home. We will be back again before end of our vacation!
Well worth it to us! In fact a gal on our flight asked for good place to eat and we told her Vesna Taverna. She said , the little places are always the best places!

1  Thank Dot B
Reviewed June 14, 2013

To me this restaurant is rated as an A+ in my eyes. . We have been there 3 times now and the meal was delicious and the service was excellent. Karen, the waitress was very attentive, pleasant and funny. The owners remembered us from last year and they are very sweet and we enjoyed talking with them again. The pan fried grouper with coconut sauce was excellent. The cheese cake was to die for. It was a very pleasant and relaxing dinner. We will keep going back. Next we will try their breakfast and lunch
We tell anyone who ask where to go for a good meal we tell them Vesna Taverana. You will not be sorry.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

During a private island tour today, I asked my guide where could we find the best iced coffee on the island. We then headed directly to Vesna.

The coffee was huge and refreshing - with a hint of chocolate.

I'll be going back again to try other offerings during my time on St. Maarten.