“Good People and Large Menu”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Vesna Taverna

Vesna Taverna
Ranked #8 of 111 Restaurants in Simpson Bay
Cuisines: French, Greek, Mediterranean
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Dining on a budget, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
South Glens Falls, New York
“Good People and Large Menu”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

My husband loves breakfast. We come for the always, great tasting food, the waitress who has been there since day one, the owners ( everyone feels special when the owner takes time out to say hi and extend a hug and if possible chat for a moment to say it's good to see you again since the year before ). We show up approx. 3 times a week during a 3 week stay each year. We are always happy and never dissappointed.
Bill and Tori

• Visited February 2013

sc
“A little difficult to find.”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Tried to find the restaurant one night but were unable to spot their sign so on departure day, we picked up a couple of sandwiches for the flight home...all were delicious. Very friendly and accommodating staff.

1 Thank lovetotravel486
Ojai, California
“Quality local and greek food with a twist”
Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

I was partially resigned to only so-so food for this trip. Read the reviews on trip advisor and decided to try this restaurant. So glad I did! I had octopus as an appetizer...fantastic! The best I've had since I was in Greece. My husband had the calamari and it was cooked perfectly. I had the grouper in the creole sauce...the fish was flaky and cooked perfect. For dessert I had the baklava...light, not too sweet and different in a fun way. My husband had chocolate mousse...he can't remember the last time he had mousse that good...it was exceptional. I wasn't sure which wine (by the glass) I wanted so verna (one of the owners) let me taste before I bought. Her husband was delightful and an inspired chef. We have reservations to go back on Saturday night for the greek metze...

1 Thank Greekartist
Park City, Kansas
“"Great Lunch"”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

My wife & I enjoyed our lunch here. The wraps here are very good. The service was great, & the prices were very reasonable.

toronto
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The best”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

besides the food and the delicious free homemade rum, we had the best service. My sister and I went out for the night after our meal and stopped by to ask about taxis. One of the owners was there, and helped us distinguish which cab was the best to take (not a gypsy). She was amazing. what a lovely place!