“Great service, excellent breakfast, good price.”
Review of Vesna Taverna

Vesna Taverna
Ranked #6 of 115 Restaurants in Simpson Bay
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Local cuisine
New York City, New York
“Great service, excellent breakfast, good price.”
Reviewed November 24, 2012

Free WIFI...yay... A really great waitress who didn't know what else to do to make us happy. Great omelettes, excellent latte, and delicious eggs Benedict... Totally recommend Vesna for a delicious reasonable meal...

2 Thank freshpeetza2

Baltimore, Maryland
“Good chicken but limited seating on front deck”
Reviewed November 21, 2012

Very nice owner and staff. Outdoor seating on deck facing the street. Also has greek food. Chicken and sauces were good. Also gave a complimentary rum shot after our meal.

Visited November 2012
Alameda, Ca
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food, Great owners”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

We chose to come here the first night of our trip to St. Martin, based on tripadvisor's ratings and we were not disappointed! We had a lovely meal including their special of the night, mussels, which were great. Followed by fresh fish..yum!!! Everything was perfectly hot, even the yummy french fries.The only downside was that they were out of my favorite dessert-chocolate mousse!! As it was quite obvious how disappointed I was, they offered to have it specially made for when I returned to port...in a week! I was a little concerned that they might forget about me, but NO!! Well we returned, I immediately asked about my mousse and not only did they save me some, (they were sold out again) but in a HUGE martini glass (see picture)!! We enjoyed another fine meal, mine a Greek sampler plate and the hubby, a cheeseburger (crazy choice for a foreign country, but outstanding!). Then she brought out the mousse. I entered into a state of blissful chocolate overdose and have to say, as I consider myself a mousse expert, it was FANTASTIC!!!
This restaurant was well worth the two visits. Stop by and check it out for yourself!

New Jerssey
“Amazing Food and Friendliest Place on the Island”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

We saw this restaurant on Trip Advisor and decided to give it a try. It is in Simpson Bay in the shopping center next to the McDonald's. We went there on a Thursday night and had the Chicken Normandy. It was excellent. They gave you two sides and it was only $13.50. We also had their soup and a nutrella banana crepe which was to die for. The waitress was actually the owner that night, Vesna. She was so friendly and made you feel like you were truly appreciated. We liked it so much, we went back on Friday night and I had the Garlic Shrimp and my sister had the seafood platter. We brought two of our friends who were staying here and they were equally impressed. We had a waitress who was very efficient and a lovely girl. Vesna came over and was talking with us and the table couldn't believe how friendly she was. Her husband who is the French chef came out and talked to us as well. After dinner we ordered the creme burlee, the crepes and chocolate mousse. It was delicious. After dinner, Vesna brings out a container full of rum with shot glasses. Her husband makes the banana rum. It was delicious. She leaves it on the table and lets you have as much as you want.
I would definitely recommend you go to this place. You won't be sorry. It's one of the few places on the island that is reasonable and doesn't try to rip you off for dinner.

1 Thank rclark1167
Oak Park, Illinois
“wonderful surprise”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Fresh baked bagels daily and friendly service. Located on the main road in Simpson Bay, it is very convenient.

Visited October 2012