“Good Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Fusion Restaurant - CLOSED

Fusion Restaurant
Good for: Romantic, Dining on a budget, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: While St. Maarten/ St. Martin French, Creole, Italian, Japanese, Thai, Chinese, Indian, and other restaurants share with you their vertical specialties, at Fusion we take the best flavors from a world of cherished ingredients to bring you a spectrum of flavors like nothing you've ever experienced in a single restaurant.
Cincinnati
“Good Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

Nice little place to eat, right across from pineapple pete. I had the grouper and it was excellent. I would highly recommend eating here on your visit to the island

Visited September 2013

Miami Beach, Florida
“TOP OF THE TOP”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

If they had Breakfast and Lunch , I'd eat here everyday! Fast and Friendly Service, with Great food. Nothing more I could ask for. I come here regularly on my St.Maarten Vacations and each visit is better than the last. I always order something new, This way I can sample everything. If ever there was a time my Food was to spicy or not cooked to my likings, My server Ricky always got it corrected and came back with it perfect. I have notice when its busy my food might take a bit longer, but the atmosphere is just so relaxing My family and I can just sit back, relax and enjoy the fantastic bread and Parmesan Oil dip They serve while waiting. I have been to Fusion many times, and I got to met the Chef and She was Wonderful, She even prepared a Special dish for my Friend who is allergic to all types of things. Even while on vacation I try to save money. This is the ONLY restaurant I've been to who gives out Coupons or a round of Complimentary Drinks or dessert Drinks. I highly recommend anyone and everyone to visit.

Annapolis, MD
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

Inconsistent food quality. Have eaten here several times and my last visit will be my last meal at this restaurant. This was a good restaurant that has gone overly spicy with it's dishes, has poor service and definitely lost contact with it's guests. The chef personally came out to take our order because the place was crowed and she was not customer oriented at all. When I asked her if she would recommend a specialty martini they had advertised her answer was - I am the chef not the bartender. She acted bored and uninterested and was having a bad day it seemed. When the meal came out it was overly spicy and not very good. This once was a good place to eat but in my opinion it has gotten to big for it's own good. Stay away from this place especially with so many other high quality and reasonably priced restaurants on the island.

2 Thank TonyAnnapolis
Staten Island, New York
“The best dinner ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

This is our last night in St. Maarten and we wanted a special restaurant experience. We got that and more at Fusion tonight. The food was fantastic and the staff were great. I am stuffed but happy - we will definitely be back again next year. P.S. I don't know what the previous reviewer is talking about. All the waiters are male and the chef is in the kitchen. Regardless, the food is great even if the chef doesn't smile!!!!!

1 Thank jsb610
Annapolis, Maryland
“Disappointing compared to last year”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

My husband and I go to St. Maarten every year, and last year, this was our new find and we loved it so much we went three times. This year was a disappointment compared to last year. Our order was taken by a woman who said she was the chef, but she didn't smile once and she had a very abrupt manner. She was very impatient when we asked a question. Our regular server was a bit more friendly, but not much. In his defense, he was the only waiter the first 45 minutes and was busy, but at this point we were not feeling very welcomed, and he didn't warm up when the additional waiter arrived.

I started with the Goat Cheese and Spring Roll Salad ($15), and it was as good as I remembered. My husband had the Lobster and Shrimp Soup special ($12), and he thought it was too watery, and he much preferred the Lobster Bisque soup next door at Izi's. For the main course, I had the Wasabi Tuna. It was OK, but nothing special. The seaweed salad listed in the description consisted of a few strands - not even a small pile. My husband had the Sweet Basil Chili Shrimp and asked for it to be mild. Last year, it was terrific. This year, it was so hot that the red pepper flakes overpowered all other flavors. Since we gave our order to the chef and I watched her write it down, it wasn't a matter of the kitchen not receiving the correct order. Both entrees were $26 - over-priced for what we received.

We had originally planned to dine here a couple of times during our trip, but we didn't go back this year and won't on subsequent trips. I though the value here was poor. It wasn't the price of the meal - that would have been fine if the food had been good, but it was over-priced for what we received. There are too many good restaurants on this island to waste time on an over-priced restaurant with surly staff and inconsistent quality of food.

1 Thank Kathy S