“Misleading way of presenting the service charge”
Review of Fusion Restaurant - CLOSED

Fusion Restaurant
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: While St. Maarten/ St. Martin French, Creole, Italian, Japanese, Thai, Chinese, Indian, and other restaurants share with you their vertical specialties, at Fusion we take the best flavors from a world of cherished ingredients to bring you a spectrum of flavors like nothing you've ever experienced in a single restaurant.
Reviewed May 25, 2013

Food and service were very good. So why not four stars? The reason relates to their service charge. Many places on St Maarten have a service charge—I understand why and don’t have a problem with that. The issue I had with Fusion is that it appeared as “tax” on the bill. For those of us who are used to meals/sales taxes added on to a bill and who might not know they don’t tax meals this way in St Maarten, it would be easy to add another 15-20% on top of the 15% you are already being charged. When I went back and looked at the menu on-line, it did say at the bottom that a service charge is added, but when trying to decide what to order, you aren’t usually focusing on that. And it would still require making the connection that the thing called “tax” is really the service charge. I thought it was a very misleading way of doing the service charge, to the point of being unethical. I would not go back because of this.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

Last night was our third trip to Fusion this week and each meal was a culinary delight for both of us: from truly outstanding lamb chops with wasabi mashed potatoes, an Asian inspired duck that was perhaps the best I have ever had (have tried it all over the world), Thai inspired snapper with jasmine rice, truly wonderful salads, and simply gorgeous and very tasty desserts. Anuska, the chef/owner, has mastered fusing together far eastern flavors with the Caribbean Sea and presenting each dish very beautifully - truly a cut above!

Reviewed May 18, 2013

food was fantastic to say the least. everyone should try this restaurant. service was great and very nice atmosphere! tucked away behind izzy italian restaurant. easy parking and safe!!

Reviewed May 18, 2013

This was the best meal we had while on St Maarten. We found it after eating at Izi Itslian restaurant. What a find! I had the special Parmesan grouper and it was delicious. My appetizer was bacon wrapped scallops. Those were the best scallops I've ever had. My husband raved about the teriyaki flank steak he had. The presentation is an experience in itself. The service was fantastic. The chef came to our table and we let her know it was our best meal on the island.This is a restaurant that you shouldn't miss! So glad we stumbled upon it.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

What a surprise to find a restaurant of this quality. The food the ambiance and the staff make this a restaurant a must. The menu is outstanding I had Mahi Mahi with Ginger Sauce and wasabi mashed potato's, done to perfection. Go early the parking lot fills up pretty quick I am looking forward to my next visit to St. Maarten.