Let me get right to the point:
* Hallway and room smelled of cigarette smoke and worse yet...sewer. Yes, the sewer had been pumped out that very day! And No, the smell did not go away!
* Very unclean room. Bathrooms had open drain ways, tiles missing, mold and mildew and very old.
* No hot water! Almost No water pressure. Could not take shower.
* One towel, one facecloth and they were very dirty and threadbare. One had blood stain and had hair in it.
* No soap, not even in the kitchen but there was hand sanitizer.
* No hair dryer. No bath mat. Shower curtain stained with mold and mildew.
* Kitchen area very bad shape. Door fell on foot, coffee pot did not work, microwave did not work, no towels, two stove burners encrusted with food and rust. Cast off cutlery, glasses, dishes and cooking utensils.
* Bedside tables falling apart and only one night light working... sorta.
* Beds; thin and uncomfortable. Threadbare linens and old pillows. One per bed.
* No WI FI.
* No "free wine or water"...Cost $10. & $2. (signed posted on fridge...including cost of condoms)
* RESTAURANT UNDER CONSTRUCTION! Sunday morning drilling and banging @7:00 am!
* No parking. Park at own risk across street.
* Party beach. Not family beach. Dirty and not the best St Maarten has to offer.
Nothing good to say about this place. Nada one!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A short ride from the airport, we have it all! Beautifully furnished and fully equipped condos for long-term, short-term or just one night stays! We are home to the famous French restaurant, The Taste Factory! Their pastries, croissants, salads, sandwiches and entrees are unsurpassed anywhere in the Caribbean! We also have dinghy tie up from our own marina where you can view some of the most magnificent mega yachts in the world!! Just across from us is a fabulous beach where you can swim all day and enjoy the live entertainment at night! Nearby are casinos, fitness centers, nightclubs, and other fine restaurants. You don't even need to rent a car because everything is within walking distance. Come, relax and enjoy all that the Caribbean has to offer ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire and Hotels.com so you can book your Liberty Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Liberty Hotel Simpson Bay
- Liberty Inn St. Maarten-St. Martin/Simpson Bay