“Walk to lovely beach nearby”
Review of Liberty Inn

Liberty Inn
Ranked #2 of 4 Simpson Bay B&B and Inns
Kimberling City MO
“Walk to lovely beach nearby”
Reviewed February 8, 2011

We stayed 2 nights before flying out of the airport. Restaurants are all walkable, grocery 1 block walk, and Simpson Bay beach with beautiful sand is right across the street. Not a crowded beach and I had it all to myself for a while! Susan and Diane will help you with any questions on the area. We had a very comfortable studio room decorated with antiques, kitchen, a deck and great view of the Simpson Lagoon's beautiful yachts. Some are 2 bedrm, with yacht basin view or other rooms look across the road to the beach and the sunset. Renovation going on to add a lovely bakery in front, but did not interfere with the room accommodations.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank swr

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Kingston, Jamaica
Reviewed February 5, 2011

Was not impressed when i came out of the cab,because the front area is under going repairs,but after going to the reception area and meeting Susan,everything changed. I was warmly welcomed and greeted with a bottle of wine. My room was spacious and clean with a lovely view from the balcony of the ocean. I had a very good night's sleep, the bed was very comfortable. My taxi arrangement was made by Susan when i arrived for airport the next morning. My taxi was right on time and he came to my door to meet me.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank reginabelle
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 3, 2011

I booked the Liberty Inn as I needed to be close by the yacht club to meet a friend. First impressions were very poor, there is a lot of building work going on at the front of the in and the noise did wake us up with drilling just after 7am! The room was huge and clean with the exception of lots of ants around the sink when you wash the dishes.

Did not particularly like the bed or the feel of the bedding and the room is quite old fashioned in its style. I was expecting a B&B but this is really just a serviced room so missed out on the breakfast element.

i have got to say that you have two natural hosts in Susan and Diane who are very pleasant and are really working hard on doing a great business. Would I go back? Yes but I would wait until the bakery is built at the front of the property and that the unsightly fairground ride is removed from the other side of the property. I think that this little Inn has a great future and many years of welcoming back guests.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Paul-Cup-Scotland
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed January 21, 2011

We arrived a day earlier than we were supposed to, and Susan and Diane were soo helpful in finding us a place to crash for the night. They even drove us over to the hotel we would be staying in, and recommended some restaurants in the area. We always felt at home. In addition, they upgraded our room for free, (we ended up staying in room #2), which had a wonderful view over the lagoon and into the marina. Beautiful room, with antique furnishings, complete with kitchen and fridge. Everything was kept in beautiful condition.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank liumax
Reviewed January 13, 2011

I spent a week staying at the Libberty Inn, and I was always comfortable there. My room was clean, comfortable, and big, also has wifi in the building.
The location was great, right opposite the beach, and on the main road walking distance to lots of resturants and bars.
I would certainly stay there again if the opportunity comes along.

• Stayed January 2011
2 Thank mdvmes
Fredericton, Canada
Reviewed January 1, 2011

Susan and Diane bent over backwards for us, and out lost friends. We had originally booked for two people, and by the time of check in, we had an additional 4 people that needed lodging due to missed flights to Saba. The room was beautifully decorated, and clean. Highly recommended, and will definitely be back!!! Thank you so much Susan and Diane!!!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank Jeremy D
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Reviewed December 1, 2010

Stayed here after crewing on a sailboat down to St. Martin, so I was ready for a little pampering. Susan and Diane were very helpful and friendly - really made me feel comfortable as a solo woman traveler. The beach is just across the street and is lovely for swim or just hanging out at the beach bars.
The room was comfortable and very clean. The room I was in was on the front of the building and there was road noise, so if this bothers you you should ask for a room at the back. Also, they are remodeling the restaurant at the front of the inn. This wasn't a problem but it can be a bit of a shock when you first see the place. Be assured that all is well once inside the gate!
Couldn't be beat for value and friendliness.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
Flamingo Beach Resort
Flamingo Beach Resort
#1 of 6 in Philipsburg
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,231 reviews

Been to Liberty Inn? Share your experiences!