I had the pleasure of staying at the Liberty Inn on an extended business trip of two months, and I cannot say enough good things about this experience.
The owners live on site, and Susan and Diane are caring, conscientious hosts. They also have a collective 15 years of experience on the island, and are excellent resources for information and suggestions regarding both the Simpson Bay area and the entire island in general. The rooms are comfortable, clean, and secure. The air conditioning works great and the hot water is HOT—no wimpy showers here!
The inn is situated directly on Simpson Bay Lagoon. The property itself features a gourmet French bakery/coffee shop at the front, and a boat rental/water shuttle service at the rear. The boat rental is a fun diversion for a day or an afternoon; the boats are high-quality Boston Whalers of varying sizes, and this makes for a great sightseeing and pleasure trip option.
The water shuttle is a free service to Port de Plaisance across the lagoon, which is home to the Princess Casino, a spa/country club, and a number of really good restaurants, each of which would be worth the trip by itself. This three-minute boat ride—have I mentioned that it’s free?—is an unbeatable alternative to a lengthy car trip, which can be anywhere from 10 minutes to an hour each way, depending on traffic and the state of the road construction at any given time.
The location of the inn is also a huge plus. It’s less than 10 minutes from the airport, and there must be 20 worthwhile restaurants within a five-minute walk from the doorstep of the Liberty Inn. There is also a huge, American-style grocery store almost directly across the street—perfect for stocking the full-size fridge and kitchenette in the room.
All in all, the room, hosts, location, and amenities simply cannot be beat. I will definitely return to the Liberty Inn.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A short ride from the airport, we have it all! Beautifully furnished and fully equipped condos for long-term, short-term or just one night stays! We are home to the famous French restaurant, The Taste Factory! Their pastries, croissants, salads, sandwiches and entrees are unsurpassed anywhere in the Caribbean! We also have dinghy tie up from our own marina where you can view some of the most magnificent mega yachts in the world!! Just across from us is a fabulous beach where you can swim all day and enjoy the live entertainment at night! Nearby are casinos, fitness centers, nightclubs, and other fine restaurants. You don't even need to rent a car because everything is within walking distance. Come, relax and enjoy all that the Caribbean has to offer ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity and Hotwire so you can book your Liberty Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Liberty Hotel Simpson Bay
- Liberty Inn St Martin / St Maarten/Simpson Bay