“Simply Amazing - Time and Again”

Ocean Explorers Dive Center
Ranked #3 of 39 Tours in Simpson Bay
More attraction details
Owner description: At Ocean Explorers we believe that who you dive with is as important as the diving itself… Small groups, personalized attention and a relaxed atmosphere are what we offer on a daily basis. From outstanding reefs to fantastic wrecks, our waters are warm and inviting and the marine life abundant and friendly. Our Caribbean dive shop is located under the waving palms by this tranquil Kim Sha beach on the beautiful Caribbean island St. Maarten.
Reviewed November 10, 2010

I received my open water, advanced open water and enriched air certification with Jeferson Techera of Ocean Explorers. Once I met Jeferson and made my first dive, I was hooked! I have now made 25 dives with Jeferson and his team and each one has been amazing! I have had the pleasure to join Jeferson on night, deep water, wreck and shark dives. On each dive, Jeferson makes an effort to go to the best site when considering the weather and dive conditions. Consistently, Jeferson emphasizes safety, reef conservation and good buoyancy. He is the most passionate person I have ever met with respect to the underwater world! He always points out interesting fish and unique aspects of the dive site. I often marvel at the relationship Jeferson must have with the St. Maarten sea life because there is always a turtle or shark around to greet us! In addition to Jeferson, his wife Luciana de Lima runs a very efficient store and greets everyone by name. I wholeheartedly recommend Ocean Explorers to all divers who go to St. Maarten whether you are an advanced diver or newbie - you won't be disappointed. Once you dive with Ocean Explorers in St. Maarten, you become family and never dive with anyone else. I look forward to my next trip!

All reviews
"entire crew"
in 9 reviews
"discover scuba"

Reviewed November 6, 2010

Ocean Explorers is a small and very friendly dive operation. Jefferson knowledge of the dive sites is second to none resulting in some fantastic diving. The highlight of the week was the shark dive, Jefferson feeds the sharks small pieces of fish enabling you to very close up to these wonderful creatures ina safe enviroment. This is a not to be missed dive.
Throughout the week we did a combination of wrecks and reef diving, giving a good veriety of diving experiences.
Thaks to Jefferson and Lucciana for a fantastic weeks diving

Reviewed October 26, 2010

After reading previous reviews of all the dive centers on St. Maarten, we decided to take our Open Water Diver Course through Ocean Explorers as we wanted a small group and personal attention. The reviews were right on point. We received a lot of personal attention during our confined water and open water work. In addition, we wanted to compact the confined and open water training into 2 days. The staff at Ocean Explorers was very accommodating to our schedule.

Kaylee did a great job making the confined water work fun and demonstrating all the skills.

While on the open water dives, Jeff and team did a fantastic job of incorporating our skills work and tests while still providing adequate time for us to actually enjoy the dive experience and observe the sea-life. They routinely pointed out sea-life (trumpet fish, eels, lion fish, barracuda, sting rays, etc.) and informed us using writing tablets of their names.

Overall, we are very satisfied with our experience and will happily schedule our next St. Maarten dive with them.

Reviewed October 26, 2010

I have been diving with Ocean Explorers for 3 years and just returned from another great trip to St Maarten and diving with Jef. I have always used my own equipment. I have found on every occasion that their policy is that you always carry the BC you used from the boat whether it is yours or theirs. Jef and Luciana always make sure that all equipment is handled properly. Special attention is always paid to the regulators for many reasons. I have to wonder about the review that equipment was abused. Also, I dove every day that same week and strangely enough I was the only repeat customer all week. So I have to wonder once again about this review. If you want a great dive experience check out Ocean Explorers because they are the best on the island and do give you that "personal" diving experience. Looking forward to diving with them again in May.

See more reviews
Reviewed October 25, 2010

We found this dive shop on the internet and it was our best find ever. We've been on many dives where the boat is crammed with as many people as possible and you were on your own. The maximum number of people on the boat was seven. Yes it was a small boat, but there was ample room for all of us and all the dive locations were within a 10 minute boat ride of beach. Jeff, Lu and the others took great care of us. All we carried to the boat was our surface gear and weight belt. They took care of the rest. They even helped us on with our tanks/BCD as we sat on the side of the boat. My wife struggles clearing her ears and Jeff explained this in such a great way to her. She had no problems clearing her ears on any of the dives. We did 5 dives. Two of the dives were wrecks and it was fun seeing the wrecks and sea life inside and around the boats. Overall our best diving experience! Thank you Jeff and Lu!

1  Thank 2thbuzr