“Great time, Great service at Ocean Explorers Dive Center”

Ocean Explorers Dive Center
Book In Advance
More Info
$92.00*
and up
Discover Scuba Diving in Simpson Bay
Ranked #1 of 39 Tours in Simpson Bay
More attraction details
Owner description: At Ocean Explorers we believe that who you dive with is as important as the diving itself… Small groups, personalized attention and a relaxed atmosphere are what we offer on a daily basis. From outstanding reefs to fantastic wrecks, our waters are warm and inviting and the marine life abundant and friendly. Our Caribbean dive shop is located under the waving palms by this tranquil Kim Sha beach on the beautiful Caribbean island St. Maarten.
Medina, Ohio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Great time, Great service at Ocean Explorers Dive Center”
Reviewed October 25, 2010

We dove with Jef and his crew last week and had a great time. Jef is a thorough Dive Guide and predive attention to detail was priceless. Luciana was very helpful and professional and set up everything in advance, which made things even easier on us. We hit some great sites, saw some amazing aquatic life-barracudas, enormous lobster, moray and spotted eels, lionfish, octopus, trumpet fish-and that's not even mentioning the shark dive! We only saw two sharks, but you can't expect to corral wild predators and have them be at the same spot every time you go there. The dive was still exhilarating and we made the most of it. Would we dive with them again? We can't wait to go back and do some more diving!

Saratoga
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Good dives but poor service”
Reviewed October 19, 2010

Did 2 days of diving with Ocean Explorers last week and the dives were great. Jeff took us on some great dives off of Simpson Bay and we had a blast.
I had a brand new bcd and left it at the dive shop.
When I picked it up on the second day it had sand all over it, one of the clips was trashed and it looked a mess. My Regulator was also rinsed with no dust cap on?
When they say they look after your equipment they aren't wrong. They looked after mine and dragged it up the beach.
Good dives but no care for your gear this has cost me alot of money.

5 Thank Jaylay6
Adams, Tennessee
“Excellent dive service”
Reviewed October 18, 2010

I completed my dive certification with St Marten Ocean Explorers Dive Center last week and can say they did an excellent job. I had participated in a few discovery dives while on vacation before, but this time I wanted to get certified. The full course consisted of three days that you choose the days you wish to participate other than the days they are closed. I did my three days starting on Tuesday and ending on Thursday. The mornings start around 9:30 and run until 3:00 in the afternoon. All study material and equipment are provided and each instructor will review the daily questions with you. All instructors were very knowledgeable on teaching/demonstration all the required task you will have to demonstrate during your dive. Each day consisted of a shallow water demonstration and practice followed by an open water dive. Everyone was very patient and I never felt rushed. During each dive it was stressed to take you time and enjoy the dive. I would like to thank all the members of Ocean Explorers for their professionalism and dedication to the diving community.

John Harris

Saratoga Springs, Utah
“Bickmore family dive”
Reviewed October 15, 2010

Julie and Allen
We happened to find the Ocean Explores Dive Shop while we were strolling along the beach from our Resort. Their prices were great and since it was a 1 minute walk from our condo it was the perfect location. We signed up for 5 dives. Four were normal dives and one was the shark dive. The reef dives (also wreck dives) were great. The colors of the coral were blacks, oranges, yellows, and greens. We saw a wide variety of sea life (Barracuda, parrot fish, Lion fish, sea turtle, string rays, (we got to touch one and it stayed buried in the sand!) and tons of other fish that we don't know the names of. Amazing! All of our dives were all great but the shark dive was our favorite. The owners, Jeff and Lou, and the staff, were all helpful friendly and very patient. We took our daughters (16 and 14 (certified divers)) and they were treated with respect.

Lochlyn
I have been scuba diving many times before, but not with Ocean Explores and personally these were my favorite dives. Jeff took to see some ship wrecks which I have always wanted to go see one. It was so cool, and that wasn't all that was there, there were beautiful fish swimming by you I had so much fun. On another dive we got to see some anchors and cannons that sunk from a ship. It was really cool to see that also. The best dive to me was the shark dive! Some people say they are enemies, but they are not at all. They acted like playful puppies. Ocean Explores is a great experience so come on over and enjoy your time with them. They are very friendly and trust me you will have a great time with them.

Ozone Park, New York
“The experience was top notch from instruction to the actual dive.”
Reviewed October 4, 2010

The staff is very kwowledgable, friendly and attentive. I would recommend them to anyone interested in diving. The shark dive is awesome and exillerating, thanks guys!