“Diving in St. Martin w/ a great people”

Ocean Explorers Dive Center
Ranked #2 of 39 Tours in Simpson Bay
More attraction details
Owner description: At Ocean Explorers we believe that who you dive with is as important as the diving itself… Small groups, personalized attention and a relaxed atmosphere are what we offer on a daily basis. From outstanding reefs to fantastic wrecks, our waters are warm and inviting and the marine life abundant and friendly. Our Caribbean dive shop is located under the waving palms by this tranquil Kim Sha beach on the beautiful Caribbean island St. Maarten.
Charlotte, North Carolina
3 attraction reviews
“Diving in St. Martin w/ a great people”
Reviewed August 2, 2010

We just spent a week in St. Martin and loved diving with Ocean Explorers. Jeff, Laslo and Kailey were very friendly, helpful and very informative. I felt their goal was to make sure we had a safe and exciting dive. Jeff’s knowledge and passion were contagious. We dove with them for 3 days. One day was the shark dive. It was fascinating to watch Jeff’s comfort level with those majestic creatures and we have some great pictures. On the other days we saw loads of fish, corals, eels, turtles and a huge sting ray. My brother-in-law enjoyed the discover scuba with Laslo. I would highly recommend Ocean Explorers for beginners and experienced divers.

Zoetermeer, The Netherlands
“(Underwater)life will never be the same again...”
Reviewed July 29, 2010

Staying for 3 weeks on Sint Maarten, I was happy to follow the PADI course with Jef and Lou. Jef is an excellent teacher who took all the time that was needed to give me a comfort feeling under water. He knows a lot about the fish, the plants, the coral etc. etc. and shows a lot during the dive. Lou gave me a lot of good advise about the equipment and lended me also her VCR to try out. Thank you Jef and Lou, I will certainly be back again to dive with you when I will stay another time on Sint Maarten!
Hanny Kamphuis, Holland

St. Pierre
“Best Dive on Sint Maarten”
Reviewed July 22, 2010

Ocean Explorers, headed by Luciana and Jefferson, is a small and familiar dive shop with friendly, helpful and well trained staff. The dive sites are excellent, and Jeff can show you the big as well als the tiny beauties of the underwater world. The groups are small, the well maintained equipment will be suited to your needs, which makes the dives quite individual and comfortable.
The highlight is the shark dive, which happens 1-2 times a week. Jeff explains a lot beforehand, then you are led to a special dive site, where he attracts the sharks with only the tiniest bits of chum. Yet the sharks seem to enjoy the game, as did we, watching from the grand stand. This was a great experience that made us even more aware of the beauty of those marvelous animals, so well adapted to their environment. Man feels clumsy beside these sleek predators.
So if you visit Sint Maarten, don't miss diving with Ocean Explorers

Chicago, Illinois
“Great people, great time!”
Reviewed July 13, 2010

My girlfriend, who is a certified diver, convinced me to give scuba a shot on our last trip. We chose Ocean Explorers as our guides because of the fast response to our calls and emails.

Not only did I do one beginner dive, but I signed up for PEDI certification and did a 2nd dive two days later.

Jefferson and Lazlo were very knowledgeable, and very patient while conducting their instructions and during our dives.

Highly reccomended!

Chicago, Illinois
“Great service and attention, Fabulous dive trips”
Reviewed July 9, 2010

We were in St Maarten from June 26-July 5, 2010 and dove with Ocean Explorers twice. I am an advance open water diver and convinced my uncle and boyfriend to learn to dive. We all had a great experience. When I first emailed Ocean Explorers (as well as some other dive shops) Luciana was the first to respond. She provided detailed information and was also quick to answer my questions.

When we arrived in St Maarten, we did two dives with them. We had a great combination of beginner diving (for my boyfriend and uncle) and more advanced areas for me.

Thanks Jeferson and Luciana!