“Great diving in St Maarten”

Ocean Explorers Dive Center
Book In Advance
More Info
$92.00*
and up
Discover Scuba Diving in Simpson Bay
Ranked #1 of 39 Tours in Simpson Bay
More attraction details
Owner description: At Ocean Explorers we believe that who you dive with is as important as the diving itself… Small groups, personalized attention and a relaxed atmosphere are what we offer on a daily basis. From outstanding reefs to fantastic wrecks, our waters are warm and inviting and the marine life abundant and friendly. Our Caribbean dive shop is located under the waving palms by this tranquil Kim Sha beach on the beautiful Caribbean island St. Maarten.
Stevensville, Michigan
“Great diving in St Maarten”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

I had great diving experience with Ocean Explorer, which is conveniently located next to our resort, Royal Palm Beach, during our vacation at St Maarten. The group has always been small so we have good personal attention. Jef brought us to great diving spots...not too long a boat ride from the dive center. All together I had 5 dives with them and every dive was different but all excellent. My son had his first dive through Discover Scuba Diving. He loves it so much that he continues to get his Open Water certification there. Jef is a great underwater photographer and took many of great pictures. You can get access to the photos of your dives (and more) with a small fee. All in all we have great experience and memories diving there and highly recommend Ocean Explorer. I certain will dive with them again next time when we go back to St. Maarten

Staten Island, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Diving in Sint Maarten”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

You don't get better than diving with Ocean Explores in Sint Maarten. The dive shop is conveniently located by Simpson Bay just passed the bridge on your right side coming from the Airport. The staff is very concern of all your needs. The rates are as fair as any for a two tank dive. As a Shark Dive for many years I felt Ocean Explores not only had one of the best shark dive experiences but took the time to educate new shark divers on the importance of sharks role in the aquatic ecosystem.

1 Thank michael c
DC
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Awesome as Usual!!”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

I dove with Jefferson and Mark 4 dives in 2 days. I have been diving with them for years now everytime i come to St. Maarten. Jefferson is great and extremely knowledgeable. There is a high level of comfort when diving with him. Most recently, I hadn't dove in about 4 years (I have about 30 dives) and started to panic a little going down. Jefferson was already down and noticed and came back up to get me. He got me to calm down in a matter of seconds and brought me down. Im glad he did because it was one Hell of a dive. If he didnt that would have ruined my take on diving and hung up my fins. I am extremely grateful for his help. I will never dive with another company in St. Maartens. Every year I go to St. Maarten it seems the diving improves, i cant wait for next year!! Thanks again Jeff and Lou for an awesome dive experience!!!

1 Thank MWarfield01
Grand Rapids, Michigan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great dive experience”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

This shop was extremely friendly, professional, helpful and experienced. I've been to SXM several times and this has been my favorite dive experience on the island. Highly recommend!

1 Thank burrilliant
Houston, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Awesome Dive Op”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

This was our second trip to St. Maarten, but our first diving with Ocean Explorers. We did a total of 5 dives over 3 days. Jef and crew do an excellent job. They are very knowledgeable about the St. Maarten dive sites. They take into consideration the weather to ensure you have as comfortable and fun time as possible. We found the operation to be very safe. You dive your tank or computer. The only requirement is you stay within a range that you can visibly see the divemaster. The shark dive is a must do. You get up close and personal with these awesome creatures. Jef does an excellent job explaining the dive and this marvelous creatures. He seems to be very passionate about the protection of these animals. I would dive with Ocean Explorers again without hesitation.

Visited June 2013