“AMAZING!!!”

Ocean Explorers Dive Center
Ranked #2 of 39 Tours in Simpson Bay
More attraction details
Owner description: At Ocean Explorers we believe that who you dive with is as important as the diving itself… Small groups, personalized attention and a relaxed atmosphere are what we offer on a daily basis. From outstanding reefs to fantastic wrecks, our waters are warm and inviting and the marine life abundant and friendly. Our Caribbean dive shop is located under the waving palms by this tranquil Kim Sha beach on the beautiful Caribbean island St. Maarten.
Reviewed April 23, 2013

I arrived in SXM a Open Water Diver left a Rescue Diver!!
Luciana, Jeff and Cayley and the rest of the crew, thanks so much for an amazing season, can't wait to come back next winter!!!

All reviews
in 9 reviews
"cruise ship"
in 28 reviews

Reviewed April 15, 2013

Ocean Explorers does a great Shark Dive on Saturdays. Jeff our divemaster was great, really friendly and made us a new diver feel really comfortable. The shark dive was an amazing experience and we saw lots of Caribbean black tip reef sharks, that Jeff was really knowledgeable about.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

I was brand-new to scuba and did a Discover Dive with Ocean Explorers, 45 minutes at 40 feet on two sailboat wrecks. I can't say enough good things about our instructor Cayley -- so professional and calming, especially with people who were a bit nervous on the first time underwater. Her instructions were clear and precise and very reassuring. Within my first minute below the surface, I was able to relax and just concentrate on doing exactly what I was told. It was an incredibly fun dive, lots of colorful fish around the wrecks. Cayley and our other dive master kept careful track of us and gave excellent direction for everything that we needed to do. I will definitely complete my PADI Open Water with this company on my next trip to St Maarten.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

Ocean Explorers made it very easy to dive. They outfit all my gear, carried it to and from the boat, and switched my BCD over between dives. My dive master (Danny from the UK) was very nice and went out of his way to try to make my dive better. As other reviews mentioned, the woman running the inside of the shop isn't always the friendliest but she's manageable and you only have to deal with her when paying.

Unfortunately, from my experience the diving in St Martin just isn't very good compared to other places in the Caribbean. I've now done 6 dives total in St. Martin, some on the north and some on the south side. The sea life and plant life greatly lacks compared to other area islands. That being said, if you're in St. Martin and need your diving fix, I'd recommend Ocean Explorers on the Dutch side and Octopus on the French side.

See more reviews
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Great, great dive shop. We dove right after the tropical storm passed last summer and these folks still were able to find us some amazing sights with great visibility. Cool wreck diving, lots of beautiful rays,lobsters AND an area where there are literally hundreds of a completely harmless jellyfish you can actually touch without any harm to you or them. Jef is the jedi master of diving. I've been diving since '05 and always felt pretty comfortable with my bouyancy and weight.Or so I thought. Jef couldnt have been down with me more than two minutes when he swam over and pulled out a couple of pounds or so on my belt. WOW! My bouyancy felt totally effortless, I didnt even realize I'd been having to work all this time. I've dove with many great dive guides but Jef recognized something none of the others did after only seeing me under for a couple of minutes. That's a man that knows diving. We visited St maarten last august/sept when hurricaine rita was passing near. Loved St Maarten, just a bit expensive .
Enjoy!