“Best thing we did on vacation”

Ocean Explorers Dive Center
Book In Advance
More Info
$92.00*
and up
Discover Scuba Diving in Simpson Bay
Ranked #1 of 39 Tours in Simpson Bay
More attraction details
Owner description: At Ocean Explorers we believe that who you dive with is as important as the diving itself… Small groups, personalized attention and a relaxed atmosphere are what we offer on a daily basis. From outstanding reefs to fantastic wrecks, our waters are warm and inviting and the marine life abundant and friendly. Our Caribbean dive shop is located under the waving palms by this tranquil Kim Sha beach on the beautiful Caribbean island St. Maarten.
Santa Barbara, California
“Best thing we did on vacation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013

Jeff, Nicole, Kaylee and the crew were amazing. I had never dove before- my friend and I felt safe, educated and most of all we had the time of our life. We dove with several experienced divers and they all echoed our sentiment. We saw everything we had dreamed of and then some. Jeff even found a turtle during our shark dive and took pictures and video of us. I would have paid 10 times what I paid.

AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING!!!

Helsinki, Finland
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Friendly dive center in SXM”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

Did my rescue course here with having very tight schedule as I was also forced to work during my stay in SXM. So didn't explore so much of the sites, as I was diving only when work duties allowed. And focus of diving anyway was not on anything else than rescue diver course related aspects. I received excellent VIP training from Cayley, and all the areas of training were well covered. As a bonus, my last course dive was done during the shark dive. However I have done this shark dive here before, it was a nice finishing for my course. I would not hesitate to recommend this dive center to anyone wanting to do any diving here in SXM. Also I had one friend who did the "discover scuba" dive with them, and he was really happy and satisfied about the dive. This is the dive center I would head to first, if ever come back to SXM.

Visited March 2013
Munich
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Just AWESOME!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013

I hadn't done much diving before, but at OE I really got the vibe for it!
Jeff, Luciana and their crew are suppppper friendly and professional, I felt 150% save at all time, even during the Shark diving which is certainly a HIGHLIGHT everyone should try at least once!
Their equipment was in great conditions and their location, right on the white sand beach, just can't be topped (specially the option for an after Beer right next at the legendary "La Bamba")
If I get back to SXM I'm certainly going to go dive with them again, without a doubt!!!

Rochester, NY
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Professionally run, fun, owner operated full-service dive center.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013

I would dive with Jeff any time. He runs a safe, thoughtful, fun dive operation with unique sites. A lot of attention to details. Customer and learner friendly. Family friendly. We are experienced divers and enjoyed all of our dives even when conditions were less than ideal. Jeff and Lu know how to treat customers. Their staff is fabulous - knowledgeable, careful, but fun and easy going with the right attention to what is important. We saw others training with them and people have dove with them for years. If I am back in St. Maarten, this would be my place to dive. Highly recommended. Note smaller boats and smaller crowds. High ration of staff to guests. Most dive sites a short distance.

“Super diving!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

Hadn't dived since doing my open water qualification back in 2009, but the team put me immediately at ease. Despite slightly choppy conditions had two super reef dives, including the amazing shark dive. Jeff's knowledge and evident admiration for the sharks was pretty impressive and certainly helped realign my perception of them. Would not hesitate to recommend!