“Great people to dive with”

Ocean Explorers Dive Center
Book In Advance
More Info
$92.00*
and up
Discover Scuba Diving in Simpson Bay
Ranked #1 of 39 Tours in Simpson Bay
More attraction details
Owner description: At Ocean Explorers we believe that who you dive with is as important as the diving itself… Small groups, personalized attention and a relaxed atmosphere are what we offer on a daily basis. From outstanding reefs to fantastic wrecks, our waters are warm and inviting and the marine life abundant and friendly. Our Caribbean dive shop is located under the waving palms by this tranquil Kim Sha beach on the beautiful Caribbean island St. Maarten.
Huntsville
“Great people to dive with”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Really enjoyed the personal attention and interaction with the crew at Ocean Explorers. Had fun diving with Jef and crew. His experience dealing with people really shows. They did a great job briefing the dives and choosing spots that worked well for the water conditions. I also worked with Jef and Luciana on getting my Nitrox training. The whole experience was smooth and straight forward. Will definitely use again.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Diving with ocean explorers”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

I took my rescue diver course, several fun dives and a shark dive with ocean explorers and can highly recommend them as a diving center. I have used four other dive companies on the island but go to these guys first.
It was easy to make a booking and they are very helpful to fit in with your schedule. Book early as they are often full at weekends. The prices are amongst the best on the island.
The equipment is all new, in great condition and well maintained.
The instructors are very good in their delivery. They know their stuff and you do not feel like you are being processed.
There are two fast dive boats that carry 8 divers. Therefore the dives aren't too crowded before you even get in the water. If you get seasick take precautions.
The diving itself is fantastic. A good mix of wildlife reef and wrecks. I highly recommend the shark dive.
The center location is on the beach. Think hammocks, palm trees, and a tranquil vibe.
Tell them if you are yacht crew.

1 Thank James G
Chicago, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Scuba with Ocean Explorers”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

We had a great experience with this dive shop! They worked with us to schedule one diver for his certification dives as the other 2 of us were already certified. The groups were kept small with multiple dive instructors on any given dive. The staff was all very professional and organized. Definitely a great place to dive in St. Maarten, we'd all go back.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Awesome experience!”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

We scheduled a shark dive on a day when conditions were not ideal. They gave us ample opportunity to back out if we did not feel comfortable. We decided to brave the rough waters because we really wanted to see the sharks.
Jef was an awesome captain and Caylee did an amazing job explaining what the procedures were! I felt very safe the whole time and we had an amazing time with the sharks!!! I would definitely go back to do some more diving with Ocean Explorers!!!!

Essex
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Wonderful experience and great staff”
Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

While on holiday in St Maarten I wanted to go scuba diving; I'd done it before but my girlfriend hadn't, so we had to find somewhere that does try dives. The Ocean Explorers shop was on the neighbouring beach to ours so naturally this was our first choice and we weren't disappointed. The lady in the shop was very knowledgeable and friendly so we booked up for a day diving.
On the day we were met at the shop by the dive master and shown a video briefing and taken in the sea just off the beach to practice a few techniques and get used to the equipment. After the practice we were taken out on one of the companies boats to a wreck site. We had a small group of three and two instructors, particularly good since my girlfriend was very nervous. Once in the water the Dive Master was extremely patient and reassuring; had she not been so my girlfriend would never have done the dive. We were taken down onto the wreck site where we could enjoy the myriad of beautiful coloured fish, as well as the very large very grumpy looking morray eel that seemed interested in my camera.
Since the other diver and I had previous experience and had shown we were comfortable with the equipment we were allowed a little freedom to swim around, within sight of the instructor, whichade the experience even more enjoyable.

This company seems very professional and the staff very friendly. They offer a number of packages from beginner to experienced as well as shark dives. All equipment is provided and is in good condition. I would recommend this company to anyone thinking if diving at any level on St Maarten

Check out www.stmaartendiving.com or look them up on Facebook.