1,710 results
All reviews on site time share full kitchen shuttle service beach bar murphy bed aqua mania grocery store la patrona living room sunset cruise water activities st maarten one bedroom unit ocean view rented a car nice beach
Selected filters
Reviewed July 22, 2017

Stayed here just last week, the hotel and facilities are great. I stayed in a deluxe studio room with the mrs. The room was massive, I was a little apprehensive before going as a studio apartment in a Europe normally means your getting a shoebox sized apartment with a bed, a worktop complete with kettle and microwave and a tiny toilet. This room was not like that at all, it had a king size bed, a kitchen which is bigger than the one in my house which was kitted out with everything you'd need, a dining area and even had a sitting area with couch, coffee table and chairs. We had a Seaview and a balcony. The room was kept clean and tidy, so no complaints.

In fairness I never actually used any facilities at the hotel, I had a car so always travelled elsewhere to see the island, I was only here for a week so wanted to do and see as much as I could and not just lie round the pool. However I did walk around the hotel, it's got everything you need, 5 pools of varying sizes located all over the hotel (this hotel covers a large area), a good sized gym with plenty of machines, resteraunt and a casino all on the grounds, and a nice beach with beach bar etc.

To sum up, I'd recommend this hotel and will stay here next time I holiday in St Martin.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Gerardo G, Online Reputation Manager at Simpson Bay Resort, Marina & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2017

Dear Christopher,
Thank you for sharing your comments with us and the community and thank you so much for your kind words and your feedback after your stay at Simpson Bay Resort & Marina. We are delighted to hear that you experienced an enjoyable stay and that the resort amenities exceeded your expectations. We are looking forward to welcome you again, next time you visit St.Maarten.

Reviewed July 21, 2017

Our room was amazing, perfect view, steps from the beach. A ton of restaurants within walking distance, customer service was fantastic. Easily one of the nicest resorts on the island ! Will definitely return !

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank chiquita0082

Thank you for sharing your comments with us and the community and thank you so much for your lovely words. It is so great to hear that our team is doing a good job and it is comments like yours that keep us going! Best wishes from sunny St.Maarten.

Reviewed July 21, 2017 via mobile

This resort was wonderful. It was in a perfect location surrounded by hundreds of restaurants. The rooms had lots of space and were well appointed. There was a huge patio which we enjoyed using everyday. There were two pools very close to us and another larger pool at the front of the resort on the ocean. Great little beach bar. Staff was outstanding! Everyone was polite and helpful. Only issues would be the tile is extremely slippery when it rains so be careful!

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Paula,
Thank you for sharing your comments with the community and us. I would like to thank you for visiting us. It was truly a pleasure to serve you. We feel very happy that the accommodations and service were to your liking, as complete satisfaction is our goal.
We would love to have the pleasure of seeing you again. We are looking forward to your next visit and wish you the best.

Reviewed July 21, 2017

My family stayed at Simpson Bay "resort" for 6 nights. We had a wonderful time because we came with friends who chose the hotel. And what's not to enjoy in St. Maarten..the beaches, the ocean , food.
As a hotel it is definitely not a resort. The rooms are a nice sized , decor is 80s style, no frills. You get what you pay for.

Pros
>Large room
>Full kitchen with dishwasher for those who are on a budget and want to pick up groceries. Or those with dietary restrictions.
>Nice balcony overlooking pool and marina
> proximity to town for restaurants and supermarket and water activities
>bbq Grill next to pool for those who would like to grill

Cons
> pool is not heated it's freezing
> Gym use is extra (crazy right?)
> staff not friendly
> cleanliness is about a B-

Overall I think it was a good place for the price, I believe we paid about $250- per night for a 1 bedroom suite which is a great so much space. Not my personal favorite of resorts but honestly the island is amazing and traveling with friends made it so much fun I didn't really focus on the hotel.
If you are looking for a nice place, great location, for a family on a budget (who isn't on a budget) this is the place to be.

Date of stay: February 2017
2  Thank Samavi

Dear Karen,
Thank you for sharing your comments with us and the community. It has been a pleasure serving you during your last trip to St.Maarten. We feel very happy that you were pleased with our service and accommodations.
The growth we have experienced over the years is thanks to all the comments we have received, each one of them is an opportunity to learn and get inspiration in our daily work.
We appreciate your trust, and we’ll do our best to continue to give you the kind of service you deserve. Thanks again, for your review.

Reviewed July 20, 2017

We got a beautiful sea view suite and the room was clean and lovely. The restaurants around were also great.

The customer service at the front desk was nice (I believe we were helped by Nahum and he was awesome). However, check in is at 4 and trust me when I say not a minute sooner. We did go on a weekend and leave on a weekend so maybe this was why. Check out was not much better. 10 am and the line was LONG. It took us over an hour. Like I said, the people were helpful and lovely but for timing purposes for airports etc plan for this. Overall very nice though.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends

Thank you for sharing your comments with us and the community. We want you to know that we truly enjoy serving you and feel honored to be your chosen resort for your recent trip to St.Maarten.
Your trust is much appreciated, and we will do our very best to continue to meet your expectations. Your continued patronage and suggestions about our check-in and check-out process will be a vital part of our growth. And for that, we are most grateful.
Thanks again! We look forward to serve you for many years to come.