We stayed overnight in one of the newer studio rooms and then transferred over to the two-bedroom suites. Both were very nice and clean.
We were very impressed with the studio. It looked newly renovated with nice, brand-named appliances and a wonderful bed. The room was clean and everything worked as it should--having no surprises is a great thing to greet you after having traveled over 26 hours to get there (layovers included). Staff treated us well and throughout our stay.
The two bedroom suites are terrific. Ours overlooked the pool and bay. Wind noise whistled through the sliding doors at times. Glad the wind did not blow very hard at night time, otherwise the noise would have probably kept me and my wife up. Maid service occurred every two-three days, unless you were a hotel guest versus a time-share owner (our friends were the time share owners).
I did not like that you had to schedule a time-share "arm twist" for about 60 minutes. Just repeat, "No, I am not interested in a time share." Over and over and over again.... That really is the only negative.
The local market is good--great cheeses, wine, beer, alcohol and other sundries are kept well in-stock and are competitively priced. Remember to bring bring water-proof sun block for snorkeling days.
The staff were attentive and very nice throughout. All of our encounters were positive. You will truly enjoy the area. The villa is close to the airport and you can easily go to all of the areas in the island. Rent a small car. It'll be easier to get around the island and park where you want.
The Stone restaurant and Alexander's breakfast and lunch places are very good as well. Enjoy, relax and take it all in. Time will go fast.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on a hillside overlooking Simpson Bay, one of the most popular spots on St. Maarten, Simpson Bay Resort & Marina is a peaceful Mediterranean-style holiday village offering comfortable suites and all the services guests could possibly need during their Caribbean vacation. With a sheltered private beach, five pools and colorful gardens full of bougainvillea, hibiscus and Allamanda, Simpson Bay Resort & Marina is a captivating island hideaway where you can enjoy the best family vacation ever. A varied activity program, tennis courts, a spa, water sports, dining and evening entertainment make it a favorite with visitors of all ages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, TravelUp, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Simpson Bay Resort & Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Simpson Bay Resort & Marina Hotel Simpson Bay
- Simpson Bay Resort And Marina
- Simpson Bay Resort & Marina St. Maarten-St. Martin