This is a nice apartment in a massive complex, what we booked is not quite what we got, but it was ok. It did have a mosquito problem. The rooms are dark and do not represent the Caribbean. However the resort is truly American and caters for Americans, Europeans must be rare here and it shows. All food is geared towards ribs, burgers and fries..... And masses of it...
Service - hit and miss however we found this all over st maarten, the staff are not customer orientated and jobs are obviously plentiful, as some people were just rude and abrupt.
This is an ok place for a stop over, but a holiday resort? I think not, however upon reflection a Caribbean friend did say to me st maarten is a bit like visiting the Wild West, and this is how I best sum up this resort and island.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on a hillside overlooking Simpson Bay, one of the most popular spots on St. Maarten, Simpson Bay Resort & Marina is a peaceful Mediterranean-style holiday village offering comfortable suites and all the services guests could possibly need during their Caribbean vacation. With a sheltered private beach, five pools and colorful gardens full of bougainvillea, hibiscus and Allamanda, Simpson Bay Resort & Marina is a captivating island hideaway where you can enjoy the best family vacation ever. A varied activity program, tennis courts, a spa, water sports, dining and evening entertainment make it a favorite with visitors of all ages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TravelUp, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Simpson Bay Resort & Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Simpson Bay Resort & Marina Hotel Simpson Bay
- Simpson Bay Resort And Marina
- Simpson Bay Resort & Marina St. Maarten-St. Martin