We definitely enjoyed our stay at Simpson Bay - the location was great and our rooms were gorgeous. We opted for an upgrade for the Villas and they were worth every penny, though the price is higher than we think it should be given we used our time share exchange. This is definitely a drawback.
However, our rooms were beautiful with a double balcony overlooking the bay. The staff were friendly, they had activities and our favorite place was the beach location which was great - it felt like your own private little beaches. The pools are small but nice yet beware that the drink prices are high and they don't have specials (or didn't when we were there, which is disappointing). Check-in just takes long, but we had read about it and were prepared, once we got to the front desk - it went smoothly.
Beyond that, we didn't really interact much with the Hotel except for the Orientation which was helpful and not a sales pitch at all, which was refreshing. It had great information about the Resort and area plus coupons and food. The breakfast place was so-so, I'd passed - what they really need a coffee place on premise. There is a deli/small story on property which is great along with a fun piano bar that we recommend. The restaurants on property were decent, our favorite was the Stone and the Italian place on the hill by the Casino - we recommend both highly.
We met some great people there that were on the hill and further away, which I definitely think makes the stay less enjoyable. Also, note the Casino is definitely a bit run down but has great charm and great staff. We liked this part of the Island and would stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on a hillside overlooking Simpson Bay, one of the most popular spots on St. Maarten, Simpson Bay Resort & Marina is a peaceful Mediterranean-style holiday village offering comfortable suites and all the services guests could possibly need during their Caribbean vacation. With a sheltered private beach, five pools and colorful gardens full of bougainvillea, hibiscus and Allamanda, Simpson Bay Beach Resort & Marina is a captivating island hideaway where you can enjoy the best family vacation ever. A varied activity program, tennis courts, a spa, water sports, dining and evening entertainment make it a favorite with visitors of all ages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Simpson Bay Resort & Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Simpson Bay Resort And Marina
- Simpson Bay Resort & Marina Hotel Simpson Bay
- Simpson Bay Resort & Marina St Martin / St Maarten