This was our first time in St. Maarten and Simpson Bay Resort. After reading the various reviews I was a little concerned about our RCI exchange unit. I had fallen 7 weeks back and broken two ribs that were still not completely healed. I emailed the resort ahead of time and asked for a unit where I did not have to walk uphill or climb too many stairs. We were also celebrating a big anniversary during our stay there. Camilo Garcia responded immediately and said that he had forwarded the request to the front desk/reception staff. When we got to the resort we were pleasantly surprised to see that we were given a unit in the F bldg right on the beach - unit F12.
The unit was very clean, spacious, well maintained and best of all was the location right on the beach facing the blue waters. We loved every minute of our stay there. The unit is equipped with a safe, good size clean bathroom, several towels and sheets were kept in the closet. The full kitchen had everything needed to cook a good meal. There was a pool and pool bar right outside the unit on the right. The beach had a few cabanas and several loungers are available. The water was perfect. The front desk staff and the beach / bar staff was very friendly and helpful. The maid came in the middle of the week to clean and was very pleasant.
There is a small snack bar right across on the beach. When you come out of the parking lot the restaurant Bon Appetite has music every evening and a good menu for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The walk to the other buildings is uphill. Hollywood casino, an Italian restaurant and a small market are right outside the property. The Villas have a couple of restaurants which we did not eat at. There are a few supermarkets on Welfare road and quite a few restaurants and bars at walking distance.
We rented a car and drove around the island. The French side is really nice with beautiful white sand beaches - Orient beach is the biggest and very busy. Phillipsburg is good for shopping and the boardwalk along the water has several restaurants and bars. Marigot is beautiful and eating fresh seafood at the Lolos in Grand Case is a fun experience.
Overall a wonderful stay, thanks to the customer service and front desk staff. I definitely recommend this resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on a hillside overlooking Simpson Bay, one of the most popular spots on St. Maarten, Simpson Bay Resort & Marina is a peaceful Mediterranean-style holiday village offering comfortable suites and all the services guests could possibly need during their Caribbean vacation. With a sheltered private beach, five pools and colorful gardens full of bougainvillea, hibiscus and Allamanda, Simpson Bay Resort & Marina is a captivating island hideaway where you can enjoy the best family vacation ever. A varied activity program, tennis courts, a spa, water sports, dining and evening entertainment make it a favorite with visitors of all ages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Simpson Bay Resort & Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Simpson Bay Resort & Marina Hotel Simpson Bay
- Simpson Bay Resort And Marina
- Simpson Bay Resort & Marina St. Maarten-St. Martin