We needed a place to stay for two nights before checking into our Dawn Beach timeshare. Expedia showed this location as an available hotel. Well, we arrives SXM at 9pm. By the time we arrived at the "old Pelican" we were told there was no food and no place to buy bottled water on premise. Had to walk to a local bar. Humm. So the room was satisfactory, but AC pooped out and the safe did not work. We called 3 times for the safe in one day. Finally gave up and carried everything with us, to come back after the beach to find no one cleaned the room. I get the timeshare thing. Own them. But if your paying to stay in a hotel, you expect new towels! Hence, not the best impression. Thing that really intrigued me was that they claimed to be on the renovation and way to being a 5 star resort. Well, they have a VERY LONG WAY TO GO! I rate this a 2 star, with the personnel of a motel 6. View is great from the more modern Villa's, and the gym, exceptional for the islands (hence $6 resort guest fee), but don't charge me a steep rate and not provide hotel service. And they claim to have amazing staff. an 18 year veteran at the bar was unfriendly and just blah. Oh, and folks, NO ICE MACHINES on premise. Be prepared to go buy ice if you want a drink in your suite/timeshare room. Junior suites have no ice making capacity. Mini fridge at best.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on a hillside overlooking Simpson Bay, one of the most popular spots on St. Maarten, Simpson Bay Resort & Marina is a peaceful Mediterranean-style holiday village offering comfortable suites and all the services guests could possibly need during their Caribbean vacation. With a sheltered private beach, five pools and colorful gardens full of bougainvillea, hibiscus and Allamanda, Simpson Bay Beach Resort & Marina is a captivating island hideaway where you can enjoy the best family vacation ever. A varied activity program, tennis courts, a spa, water sports, dining and evening entertainment make it a favorite with visitors of all ages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Simpson Bay Resort & Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Simpson Bay Resort And Marina
- Simpson Bay Resort & Marina Hotel Simpson Bay
- Simpson Bay Resort & Marina St Martin / St Maarten