We stayed here one night in between villas we rented on the Dutch side and then the French side. It was a very pleasant night and I would stay again. We were in a condo that had a nice sized open kitchen with full appliances, large living room and large master with double vanities. Everything was granite top. Water pressure and AC worked great making a very comfortable stay.
The balcony overlooking the bay was wonderful and so fun to watch the boat activity. My husband captured a sensational morning shot of a rainbow after a morning rain.
We did not use the pool or dine at the restaurant but did go across the street to Bon Appetit twice and it was quite good and had live acoustic guitar player that was enjoyable.
We were with two other couple and requested staying next door to them so walking back and forth and having breakfast and happy hour together in one of the condos around the large round table worked great for togetherness while still giving us privacy in our individual spaces.
This location is great if you want to be in the middle of a lot of restaurants and nightlife. The casino and piano bar are across the street too.
Our check-in was a little tedious and I am not sure if that's because we are Americans or because our stay was last minute. You might plan ahead for that to save time. They wanted all our driver's licenses, verified payment by American credit several times, had a hard time with American Express etc. We were three couples checking in so that was part of it I am sure.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on a hillside overlooking Simpson Bay, one of the most popular spots on St. Maarten, Simpson Bay Resort & Marina is a peaceful Mediterranean-style holiday village offering comfortable suites and all the services guests could possibly need during their Caribbean vacation. With a sheltered private beach, five pools and colorful gardens full of bougainvillea, hibiscus and Allamanda, Simpson Bay Resort & Marina is a captivating island hideaway where you can enjoy the best family vacation ever. A varied activity program, tennis courts, a spa, water sports, dining and evening entertainment make it a favorite with visitors of all ages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, TravelUp, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Simpson Bay Resort & Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Simpson Bay Resort & Marina Hotel Simpson Bay
- Simpson Bay Resort And Marina
- Simpson Bay Resort & Marina St. Maarten-St. Martin