We purchased here many years ago, the yearly fees were only $450 at the time. Then the Royal Resorts took over, you would think they would of managed it better but instead drove it to banruptcy. Then somehow they managed to buy the resort under a different name, same group that owns Royals, and started raising the fees. Unreal. They added special assessments at $450 on top of the increasing yearly fees of almost $900. Next they want to renovate all of the buildings and charge the owners another $1200. DON'T BUY HERE. I thik they are trying to drive out the existing owners one building at a time so that can make new apartments up on the hill. Either way its seems shady and we just turned our timeshare back over to them.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on a hillside overlooking Simpson Bay, one of the most popular spots on St. Maarten, Simpson Bay Resort & Marina is a peaceful Mediterranean-style holiday village offering comfortable suites and all the services guests could possibly need during their Caribbean vacation. With a sheltered private beach, five pools and colorful gardens full of bougainvillea, hibiscus and Allamanda, Simpson Bay Resort & Marina is a captivating island hideaway where you can enjoy the best family vacation ever. A varied activity program, tennis courts, a spa, water sports, dining and evening entertainment make it a favorite with visitors of all ages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Simpson Bay Resort & Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Simpson Bay Resort And Marina
- Simpson Bay Resort & Marina Hotel Simpson Bay
- Simpson Bay Resort & Marina St. Maarten-St. Martin