If you like to visit a different beach everyday, love to snorkel, take island hopping excursions, and eat great food, St. Maarten and Simpson Baby Resort is the place. We are time share owners here and have been back to our resort twice. I would rate Simpson Bay Resort 5 except the rooms are in need of updating. The resort is undergoing renovations now, but no major noisy construction. All units will have amenity upgrades by 2012. We also stay in the F building as it is right on the beach and close to the Marina pools and restaurants. If you are looking for swanky modern appointments in your villa/room, you will be disappointed. The furniture is outdated but the rooms are spotless even though tile needs to be replaced. The VILLAS at Simpson Bay are new and will be more to your liking...but the views are on the bay, not the ocean side. The bay view is beautiful as well and just a short walk around the corner to the beach. The beach is protected by rocks on both sides but is open to the ocean and is great for snorkeling and even has a floating dock in the middle. If you want to take the best snorkeling trip ever and make new friends..sign up at Aquamania for this and other excursions. The staff was fabulous, the snorkeling was fantastic and the mid day lunch on Anguilla was fantastic.
There are so many places to explore on St. Maarten! You must rent a car upon arrival and visit the local grocery store just a mile from the resort to stock up on food you wish to prepare in your unit for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
We always eat breakfast in our unit and pack a picnic lunch and head out to a different beach everyday. Our favorite beach was FRIARS beach which has a fabulous beach bar and grill right on the beach. The snorkeling here was breathtaking and the water was calm. You can rent beach chairs and umbrellas for about 18 to 20$. Upon arrival at the resort, you will be provided information with a list of beaches and driving directions. We had no trouble at all driving in St. Maarten, even with quitting time traffic in Marigot (hear Friars Beach). Other great beaches were Bay Rouge, Cupecoy and Orent Beach. We also took a boat to Island Pinel..which had a ggeat beach bar and grill and exciting snorkeling too.
Dining options are plentiful and within walking distance at or near the resort, or a short car ride away. We did not feel the prices were too expensive, but since we eat in for breakfast and lunch, we splurge on dinner. For exquisite gourment dining, a visit to Grand Case is a must. Again, very easy drive to Grand Case. Reserve early, so driving back at night will not be an issue. Shopping is great in Phillipsburg. Great place to buy table linens and gold jewelry.
Overall, the staff at Simpson Bay are friendly and helpful, the rooms are clean but outdated. The beach is fantastic, the options for island fun are endless. You will not be dissapointed!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on a hillside overlooking Simpson Bay, one of the most popular spots on St. Maarten, Simpson Bay Resort & Marina is a peaceful Mediterranean-style holiday village offering comfortable suites and all the services guests could possibly need during their Caribbean vacation. With a sheltered private beach, five pools and colorful gardens full of bougainvillea, hibiscus and Allamanda, Simpson Bay Resort & Marina is a captivating island hideaway where you can enjoy the best family vacation ever. A varied activity program, tennis courts, a spa, water sports, dining and evening entertainment make it a favorite with visitors of all ages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Simpson Bay Resort & Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Simpson Bay Resort And Marina
- Simpson Bay Resort & Marina Hotel Simpson Bay
- Simpson Bay Resort & Marina St. Maarten-St. Martin