We just returned from the Atruim and I have to say I was very disappointed with the resort. We stayed in a one bedroom condo.
There are only 3 very important things that we look for in any place we stay. Comfort of bed, cleanliness and the beach.
The rooms are clean! The beds are like sleeping on plywood and the beach is pitiful!!!
The place is in desperate need of renovation. From what we heard from frequent visitors to the Island the resort hasnt made any real renovations in the past 10 years. In the bathroom the toilet was stained the tub had chips all over it. The vanity lights are very dim.
The room didn't have central air conditioning. It had 2 units, one in the bedroom which was very loud and one it the living room. The one in the living room is inserted into the window that connects to the balcony. The heat from it made it impossible to enjoy the balcony.
The beach seem to be the place for dogs of all sizes to run wild and for dog owners to walk there dogs. So you can imagine what was being left on the beach. The beach was very small with very cloudy water. We rented a car and drove to other beaches during our stay.
If you enjoy a pool you will be very disappointed. The pool is very small!!!!
The island is nice and there are alot of things to do. Go the Phillipsburg for shopping. We found a great shop for all of our souvenir's called Cool Craft. The address is 143-B Front Street. The lovely couple that own the shop were very gracious and helpful. The prices were the best we found and the items in the shop were handcrafted and unique. I highly recommend looking there first! Tell Cindy and Amit (owners) that we sent you!
Take plenty of cash with you when you visit St. Martin. Gas station and most places other then the larger restaurants don't take credit cards.
Go the Maho Beach to watch the jets land, Baie Orientale Beach for waves,Inet Pinel for snorkeling.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Atrium Resort & Spa by Festiva Resorts is your getaway in paradise. The smallest island in the world to be shared by two sovereign powers (The Netherlands and France), St. Maarten provides a winning blend of Caribbean hospitality and European sophistication. Rolling hillsides, blue lagoons and breathtaking views are just a few reasons why so many visitors return every year to this island. With its half mile of natural beach and an array of nearby water sports, the Atrium is practically paradise. This quiet, beachfront resort overlooks the calm Caribbean Sea and is minutes from the glamorous nightlife and duty-free shopping of both the Dutch and French sides of the island.Adjoining the resort's pool area is a Spanish tapas bar, Picante. In addition to light and delicious fare, Picante also features a jazz club. If tranquility, luxury and a full-service staff are what you want, the Atrium is the place for you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Hotwire so you can book your Atrium Beach Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atrium Resort And Spa By Festiva Resorts
- Atrium Resort & Spa By Festiva Hotel Simpson Bay
- Atrium Hotel Simpson Bay
- Atrium St Maarten
- Atrium Beach Resort And Spa St Martin / St Maarten/Simpson Bay