My girl friend and I stayed at the Atrium for 1 week from April 20 to April 27. We had a great stay on the Island but the Atrium is nothing special. We arrived and though I had previously requested a room higher and that had been remodeled, we were going to be put a non refurbished rom on the 3rd floor. I had to be escorted to the reservations office to request again. They did accommodate us and put us in room 608. The room was nice, but not so nice that I went wow. It was what I would expect from any nice resort. The view off this room however was so so at best. I had to lean over the deck from the bedroom to see the ocean and from the patio I could see the lagoon in between the buildings below.
There were no frills at this resort. The beach was wonderful and right off the resort. Plus you could walk along the beach and visit several beach bars. Reggae music on the beach on Saturday night was really nice.
The social event on Monday evening was nice and informative. The finger food that was served was excellent but wasn't very organized on how to get it.
The morning desk clerks were very nice and helpful but the afternoon gentleman really seemed that he did not want to be there.
There are many outstanding restaurants within walking distance. We liked Toppers for lunch. Be aware that most things on the island are expensive and we chose to eat in our room a couple of evenings. The grocery store is very close and the kitchen was well equipped to cook.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Atrium Resort & Spa by Festiva Resorts is your getaway in paradise. The smallest island in the world to be shared by two sovereign powers (The Netherlands and France), St. Maarten provides a winning blend of Caribbean hospitality and European sophistication. Rolling hillsides, blue lagoons and breathtaking views are just a few reasons why so many visitors return every year to this island. With its half mile of natural beach and an array of nearby water sports, the Atrium is practically paradise. This quiet, beachfront resort overlooks the calm Caribbean Sea and is minutes from the glamorous nightlife and duty-free shopping of both the Dutch and French sides of the island.Adjoining the resort's pool area is a Spanish tapas bar, Picante. In addition to light and delicious fare, Picante also features a jazz club. If tranquility, luxury and a full-service staff are what you want, the Atrium is the place for you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Atrium Beach Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atrium Resort & Spa By Festiva Hotel Simpson Bay
- Atrium Resort And Spa By Festiva Resorts
- Atrium Hotel Simpson Bay
- Atrium St Maarten
- Atrium Beach Resort And Spa St. Maarten-St. Martin/Simpson Bay