“Best kept secret in St Maarten”
Review of Beachside Villas

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Simpson Bay
Beachside Villas
Reviewed May 19, 2009

I just returned from 2 weeks at the Beachside Villas, I have been traveling to St Maarten for 26 years and wished I had found these Villas way back when. Everything about the place is wonderful and what you see is what you get. The beach is beautiful a little ruff the weeks we were there but the pool was great you felt like you were still on the beach. I will always return to the Beachside Villas for all of my St Maarten vacations.

PS: after a while you have to listen to see if you hear planes taking off and landing this location wasn't a problem at all...Thanks Yolana you have a beautiful property.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with friends
5  Thank booboojam

Reviewed November 23, 2008

omg we had a blast. the grounds, beach, villa are beautiful. yes it is close to the airport, but we did not let us bother us. if fact it was fun to hear the jets take off and land. we will go again next year because it was fantastic. the employees are terrific and the owners are so nice. in fact i had trouble getting my cell phone to work and the cell phone i rented was not working it was heartbreaking because the only people i wanted to call were my children. when i expressed my problem to telly he was really kind and offered to let me use his personal phone to call home the whole time. i only used it twice because my phone did end up working. However, he cared enough because he could see the pain in my eyes in not being able to contact my children..every detail in your own villa is perfect and we saved so much money in getting groceries and cooking our own breakfast and lunch. the kitchen is better stocked than my own.
if you have not got the picture of what we think by now of this place then you never will. love beachside villa's forever
courtney schlueter

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
3  Thank go4it217
Reviewed March 14, 2008

We just returned a few weeks ago from a wonderful stay at Beachside Villas. Sitting on the back patio enjoying breakfast, lunch and dinner is something we won't soon forget. It's so beautiful and peaceful watching the ships sail by. Since we've returned, I revisited this memory in my mind quite often just wishing we could be there once again.

It's like having your own private beach. It's amazing to think the airport is literally directly behind you. Yes, you will hear the planes during the day. But the trade-off is the exquisite, private beach right there outside your door. This trumps any of the plane noises you have during the day.

The villa is tastefully decorated and clean. Everyone working at the villas are very helpful and friendly. The daily maid service is definitely a bonus.

We ate at some absolutely fantastic restaurants on both the French and the Dutch side of the island. We also enjoyed cooking some delicious meals right there at the villa. After all, you do have the best table in the house overlooking your own private beach!

We tried a few of the other beaches while on the island, but couldn't enjoy them as much as we enjoyed our very own private beach back at the Beachside Villas - can't wait to return again!

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple
8  Thank Tracy B
Reviewed December 22, 2007

I've stayed at Beachside Villa's once with girlfriends and another time with my Aunt. Both times were wonderful! The pool was so relaxing as it provided the most beautiful view of the Carribbean water! A car is a must! Visiting various places around the Island was safe and the SunSet Bar up the street (can walk, but wouldn't ever at night...I'm chichen anyway, but safety comes first!). The sunsets from the porch of the villa are amazing and watching the Cruizlines coast in and out was relaxing. The staff there are WONDERFUL~ For safety, a guard mans this private beach all night long. No need to worry...it's very safe there! I would return again if it wasn't for needing a passport. I've waiting too long and now it takes up to 8 months to get one, so now I'm in search of the same traquility and relaxation and privacy somewhere within the US Virgin Islands! If anyone knows a place...please respond. Thanks ...You won't be disappointed if you stay at Beachside Villas! Don't worry about the planes! REALLY...NO big deal at all. In fact...when visitng the Sun Set Bar up the street...watch silly people get blown by the planes taking off...it really is a sight to see. Funny and Silly.
Great places to eat! Great Shopping! Clean Villa...my favorite is the villa closes to the Pool! I stayed once in November and once in July. both stays were wonderful! REALLY Wonderful!

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled with friends
7  Thank mariacotton
Reviewed November 25, 2007

My wife and I have stayed here twice now (both times in July). I will preface this review by stating that this is a different kind of vacation experience than you may be used to. This is NOT a resort. No one will wait on you. You blend your own frozen concoctions and at times, must even take out the trash. However, if you want a secluded piece of beachfront heaven, you must forego some of these amenities. In fact, it was fun playing bartender and having everything you need right there ON THE BEACH! You can also save some $$ this way. Renting a villa, although cool and fun, has pro's and con's just like everything in life. So, I'll briefly give you a summary of each (my perspective) and you can shuffle these points around (pro or con) based on your own individual preferences.

Pro's: Owners are very pleasant to work with, prices in low season are a good value, tropical garden at entrance is well maintained and very nice, pool on beach, privacy, night security, right on the beach (no walking to bathroom or to blender), airport runway makes for great viewing (also a con), gas grill and fully equipped kitchen (all necessities provided), covered porch with the best ocean views possible, beach toys provided, proximity to nightlife at Maho, daily maid service (except Weds.).

Con's: Airport noise starts early, no air conditioning in living room and kitchen (gets real hot!), ants in kitchen (what do you expect when you are on the beach?), beach toys can be old/broke, t.v. reception is poor, security gate is annoying & useless (you'll see), service is spotty. We actually checked ourselves in the 2nd visit here because our flight was delayed (arrived at Beachside at like 6:30 PM) and the onsite mgr had to catch a ferry home to Anguilla or something. We thought this was particularly rude but not typical of beachside etiquette.

Overall, this place is what you make of it. We go with great friends and have fun in our "private beachfront enclave." We bring drink recipes and blend up, enjoy french pastries for bfast, swim in seclusion, grill up, crank some tunes, venture out to amazing restaurants and for casino action at night, and really just chill. Of course, you will need to rent a car and go food shopping. You will also need to spray the ants daily and contend with the airport noise (only bad for back bedroom). The worst part is not having air conditioning in the common areas (living rm and kitchen). Don't be fooled, the breeze is nonexistent for the most part during the heat of the day so it will not save you. We made frequent dips in the water.

For us, the pro's far surpassed the con's and we enjoyed this type of vacation. One day we will return. What are you looking for in your vacation?

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with friends
8  Thank VacationDude
Reviewed May 12, 2007

My three women friends and I have been travelling now for about 10 years, and we've been around: cruises, tours, packages -- here, there and everywhere: US, Caribbean, Europe. The four of us all agreed that THIS was our favorate vacation ever. This is the first time we rented a villa, purchased our food, rented a car and hung out for a week. What heaven. Beachside Villas is near perfection. Notice I say NEAR perfection. The airport is just in back. Didn't bother us. It might bother you. But if you can get by it, you'll find a GORGEOUS private beach at your front step. Large, always shaded front balcony, water (with waves), private well- kept pool, lovely well-appointed villas. The four of us rented two for the week. LOTS of privacy. Nice island. Great restaurants (Lobster Thermador at Pineapple Pete's -- yumm). Nice dinner cruise aboard the Tango. Rest, relaxation, reading, talking, laughing -- all in beautiful surroundings. Wonderful, helpful staff on premises. Maid service (very sweet, helpful woman). Good food (with wine) store within 5 minutes. What else could you want? It was hard to leave.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled with friends
5  Thank pconroy726
Reviewed April 27, 2007

Spent 2 weeks at Beachside Villas and had the most relaxing vacation ever. The accomodations were clean, neat and had all the amenities needed. The staff was great! You are right on the beach in Simpson Bay and many times you are the only one on the beach. The planes were there, but after a few days its just part of the experience. If you don't want any noise, then this isn't the place, but if you want relaxation and your own private beach this is it.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled as a couple
The Westin Dawn Beach Resort & Spa, St. Maarten
The Azure Hotel
The Azure Hotel
#1 of 7 in Simpson Bay

Been to Beachside Villas? Share your experiences!