“Vacation Paradise at La Vista Beach Resort”
Review of La Vista Resort

La Vista Resort
Wayne, New NJersey
“Vacation Paradise at La Vista Beach Resort”
Reviewed March 29, 2005

My wife and I just returned from a glorious week at La Vista Beach Resort.
Our studio was spotless and had all the ammentities one would want. The service was great even though the Outside bar was out of commission. their Hideway Restaurant was great and the staff was excellent and very accomodating about information about the island and anything else. We highly recommend it for both over 50 crowd and people have children.
We loved it and will go back. We also used Unity Car Rental. Rates were great and very nice.
Love St.Martin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
dave & cecelia, wayne, n.j.

• Stayed March 2005
6 Thank henry12347

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Reviewed February 15, 2005

The GOOD: great location - casino, restaurants, grocery shop, etc within walking distance. Simpson Bay/Maho/airport 5min drive, Philipsburg - 12min drive (when traffic is not heavy.) Great view from all rooms. It's a small resort, complete opposite of the "mega tourist factories." And plenty of parking spaces right next to your room.
The OK: the room was large, very clean, but not "sparkling." The kitchen appliances and furniture aren't as new as in some other palces. No electronic safe and swipe-card lock for the front door (had to use regular keys for both.) A/C was very loud.
The NOT So Good: there's no beach for swimming. I don't care for the pool (plenty of those back home), so I had to walk to the adjacent resorts (less than 3 minutes walk) or take a short drive to the best beaches on the island. I'm not really complaining, but still it takes time to get there and money to rent beach chairs, etc...

• Stayed December 2004
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Massachusetts
Reviewed February 5, 2005

We have just returned from our second stay at La Vista. Once again, we found the staff friendly and helpful. The units are well-kept and the location is outstanding with wonderful views. The restaurant is one of the best on the island. Looking forward to returning next winter.

7 Thank UKfanatic
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed January 6, 2005

Stayed at La Vista Beach resort for 3 nights in Dec and boy was that a mistake.!!.It was evident from the beginning that the Staff didn't care less for our well being..Even though we had made arrangements for a Cot and mentioned that our kids would be sleeping on the Pullout.there were no sheets in the Pullout, and of course they knew nothing about the Cot..They even tried to charge us $30.00 for the Cot which they failed to initially mention..Not that we used it..It was somewhat old and dirty. Upon our late night arrival, we called front desk to get sheets only to find out that the office closes at 5 and you're out on your own..The Security Guard was helpful however and did find us sheets and blankets..Our Phone remained locked for 2 Days and they mentioned that they were having problems with it..Had to drive into Town to make a call.. TV also had to be repaired...

Fodors mentions that you can use the Pelican Resort facilities next Door but there is nothing further than the Truth..They haven't had an affiliation in 5 Years.

When we asked for some Towels for the Beach, the Person at the Desk mentioned that there would be a $5 Dollar Charge Per Towel if we returned them stained..Please.!!.what did she think we were planning to do..They also charge you a fee to use the safety deposit Box in your room...which by the way needs serious updating!!( The Room that is )What a Mickey Mouse Motel

I'm still trying to recover from the Sore Back sustained from their Brutal Mattress which the Manager claimed was replaced 2 Years ago...Sure it was...certainly not in my Room

Worst of all, Sabrina at the Desk was indifferent and couldn't care less if you were there or not..but rather stared right through you.How frustrating..She should try smiling for a change..

I stayed here based on some of the reviews....we were fortunate to stay at L'esplanade for the first 7 Nights....I'm not sure where some of the People here are used to staying at..but if you need a 2 Star Motel , with an indifferent staff...and shabby accomodations..this is the place for you.

I consider my accomodations to be an important part of the Trip.Unfortunately we planned our trip quite late and got stuck at La Vista..If I hasd known, I would have left the Island early.

Don't bother with La Vista..Its a damper on an otherwise incredible Island

• Stayed January 2005
4 Thank CanadaProud
Reviewed January 3, 2005

This was my first trip to the Caribbean, which my partner and I had booked to celebrate my 50th birthday....Friends had encouraged me to check out St. Maarten, but when I started doing research on the internet I was somewhat discouraged by the kinds of mega-resorts that seemed to predominate on the island. When I came across the web page for La Vista, though, it seemed I had found a place to match my sensibilities and sensitivities....a relatively small, quiet, intimate and beautiful setting. Now that I'm back home (and 50!), I am happy to report that La Vista more than fulfilled its promise. I felt that I was truly in a Caribbean paradise. The views of the ocean -- with Saba in the distance -- from our cottage, from the pool, from the poolside restaurant, were absolutely awe-inspiring. But the beauty was not only in the ocean views, it was also in the charming cottages and suites, the magnificent plantings and landscaping (so many blooming things!), the night-chirping of the tree frogs (or whatever!), and the extraordinary warmth, sensitivity and responsiveness of the staff. Yes, we bought a time-share! It may have taken me 50 years to get to Heaven, but I'm planning on coming back!

8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
aurora,co
Reviewed August 19, 2004

We visited in july 2004 and fell in love with the area. Great resort, staff and island, so we are buying now.

• Stayed July 2004
2 Thank coloradoview
Reviewed July 13, 2004

La Vista was a wonderful place to stay - quite a lot going on around the hotel, with a deli, bars and the beach. The new addition to La Vista, La Vista Beach was wonderful - lovely pool side area and directly on the beach, so stay here if you can.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Divi Little Bay Beach Resort
Royal Palm Beach Resort
Royal Palm Beach Resort
#1 of 2 in Cole Bay

Been to La Vista Resort? Share your experiences!