All reviewsobservation deckgarden studioairport runwaydogs and catsclose to the airportlow seasonst maartenocean frontan umbrellathe entire staffsmall poola king size bedfull kitchenelenacaribbeanmelvinmarys
Reviewed August 29, 2017

After reading some reviews on here I am amazed at what some people are saying about this hotel.
We stayed there again for 17 day back in May 2017, and I can't wait to go back next year, yes we really and honestly do find it that good.
In all the times we have returned there we have never found it to be dirty....ever. In fact I had a crazy accident when a full pack of caribs fell through the bottom of the pack and crashed on the floor, within minutes staff were there sweeping up the glass for us and mopping the floor and making sure we were ok. And first thing the next morning the cleaner came around and did it all again....just perfect service.
It probably does look dated to someone who stays in the high rise hotels, but thats the point, the character and atmosphere is truly Caribbean. With the beautiful tropical gardens and sea views to die for.
I agree with the comments of some that while we were there we have met some fantastic people and made friends for life.Even down to trying to get back on the same dates so we can meet up again.
The staff are out of this world, so very friendly and helpful, no problems at all.
Every taxi we got was around the same price, around 12 dollars. Thats what we paid from the airport to Marys and they have no control over calling that cab, its just outside the airport. As for being woken by planes in the middle of the night is so untrue, they never fly after 10 at night and start at 7 in the morning. No Im sorry, I just had to just stand up for this hotel, we have had the best holidays ever here, and we come all the way from England.
We will be back next year, and that will be our 5th time in 5 years, surly that must tell you something.
For us it really does tick all the boxes, It's a fantastic genuine place with lots of character and romance. Please do not let the bad reviews put you off, I know everyone has an opinion, and rightly so, but honestly my wife and I can not fault Mary's Boon at all.
Just to say I have no connections with the hotel apart from being a customer, and a very happy one at that. We will always stay here if and when we visit Saint Martin.

Room Tip: Get a room at beach level, they are awesome.
  • Stayed: May 2017, traveled as a couple
6  Thank 696kevbell
GM Tony T, General Manager at Mary's Boon Beach Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2017

Thanks for your visit and happy to hear you had a great time at Mary's Boon and thanks for the kind words. The staff does work hard everyday to make sure each guests has the best visit possible. Of course you always have haters that are even happy at home in many cases. Are we perfect? No. Do we have some off days that nothing goes right? Sure. Are there rooms that cost more and nicer than others? Of course...like any hotel. We have a great staff at a great little Caribbean Hotel on a wonderful white sand beach. Its Paradise to most and we look forward to seeing you again! Thanks!

Reviewed August 25, 2017

This place is dirty and old and it smells bad. Please do your research before booking this hotel. This place is very dirty and it was difficult to stay in one night. Luckily, we only needed to stay there one night. There is no way I could have stayed any longer. PLEASE do not stay here unless you do not mind staying in a dirty hotel with dirt on floors and hair in the shower where it was not cleaned. If I had my kids with me, I would not have stayed there it was that dirty. It was also so loud that I could not sleep with the roaring planes at night and the wifi did not work. All around a zero hotel, I would not even rate it a one.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled solo
1  Thank Cristy N
GM Tony T, Front Office Manager at Mary's Boon Beach Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2017

This is totally fake. Reader beware of the reviewer and notice how often they review. This so called guest is either planted to post bad stuff or just Bogus. Is the hotel perfect? No...very few are. The issue here is the reviewer not the hotel. Please read all the great wonderful reviews and we look forward to seeing you at Mary's Boon soon.

Kind Regards, GM

Reviewed August 21, 2017 via mobile

My husband and I have stayed at a number of places on the island but love Mary's Boon. It has a beautiful garden on the grounds and sits right on the best beach on the island . We stayed oceanfront and the view is incredible . It takes your breathe away . Our room was clean and very comfortable. The office staff is so helpful. I believe one of their names is Niece ( I do not know how to spell it but sounds like that) and Elena. The bartenders are very friendly and the drinks are awesome . There is a small restaurant that makes for a romantic dinner . The food is very good . The grounds keeper John is a great guy . He is friendly and makes you feel at home . Matilda the maid is so sweet and does a great job. All in all we love it here and we are coming back soon !

Stayed: April 2017, traveled as a couple
8  Thank DOREEN F
Reviewed August 16, 2017 via mobile

I ended up flying in a day earlier on my trip so I wanted to find a place close to the airport. I ended up getting a good deal for one night at Mary's Boon. When we first got there we were greeted by the manager Billie and her two awesome canine side kicks, Molly and stripe who wander around (they ARE dog friendly for a fee.)
We went to the room and unloaded. The place has some older furniture but that wasn't important to me. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable, I also liked the bathroom. Water pressure was low but so was my other hotel and every other place that I've stayed at in the Caribbean! There were a couple ants on the counter but we weren't cooking and I would have gladly welcomed the ants after staying 10 nights down the street, in a diamond star hotel that was infested with COCKROACHES!!
We were in the only room with the patio next to the pool. They have ocean view rooms that looked really cool.
The pool wasn't that big but has a cool swim up bar that I'm sure gets poppin in the high season. The beach there is awesome and the bar/restaurant attached is the best!!!! We ended up going back there two other nights to hang with our awesome bartender Romeo!! Strong drinks seemed to be the theme of the island and he did not disappoint! He put up with a lot and stayed late to ensure that we had a good time, despite having a newborn at home. Thank you again buddy and happy birthday! The food was good too. Get the BBQ chicken!
Drinks were about $6-$8 US and food meals started at $15 US but all food on this island is expensive due to importing. I highly recommend hitting happy hour if you want to save money on food and drinks. Every place seemed to have a happy hour at some point in the day but most end at 6-7pm.
Another great thing about this place was the type of people that seemed to stay here. They were welcoming and seemed to not be so touristy. A big group of people we just met randomly ended up going skinny dipping in the ocean one night. And another random group took us to the strip club "Bada Bing" (which is only a 5-10 min walk) for my Birthday another night!! It was so much fun and I really liked the vibe of this place!!!

And I was in the bar when the couple with the two "1 star" reviews before me, who complained about the dogs barking in the middle of the night, said something to the bartender. We looked at each other and laughed. They were so naggy about everything and after dealing in retail, you could tell they were "those people." can't make everyone happy!
...I also feel responsible because my girlfriend told me the next morning that I left the bar here at 2am to go back to our hotel and ended up getting all the dogs in the neighborhood to start barking. LMFAO!!!! :)

I would definitely recommend this place if you're not a prude, know that it isn't a 5 star resort, understand that you are right next to an airport and most airplanes are loud, and if you don't want to break the bank.

The big planes are few and far apart anyway, maybe 4-5 Boeing 757's a day. I didn't really notice the noise when in my room and it was awesome getting to see them take off from their beach.

Hope this detailed review helps!

Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Driftingmorningwood
Reviewed August 14, 2017

Would not even consider staying anywhere else. Best all around ❤️⛵️We stayed in room 20, we had a huge front porch, hammock out front. Everyone working there was wonderful!. True paradise!

Room Tip: All nice, off course water fronts are always great. We stayed in room 20, we had a big front porch, hammock out in front. Loved it
  • Stayed: June 2017, traveled with friends