We stayed at Marys Boon for 2 nights in August and found it to be a decent hotel. The airplane views are amazing and the beach access is awesome. You have to know going into it that it is in a pretty rough part of town. After you pass the "Bada Bing" strip club, you'll drive by a few abandoned houses, some broken glass buildings, a bunch of cars on blocks, and then a few sketchy side streets. When you get there, the resort is older, but cute.
The rooms are nice, but nothing fancy. The beach access is amazing, but there are several other hotels on Simpson Bay that dont require the less than desired neighborhood.
Next time we go to Sint Maarten, we will not be staying at Marys Boon. The hotel needs updating and the pool NEEDS to be cleaned out (we didnt swim once because it was just too dirty). I went into Marys Boon with realistic expectations, but, even though the manager and the staff were very nice, we were still disappointed.
At best, this is a 3 start hotel in a shady neighborhood.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- WELCOME TO MARY'S BOON BEACH HOTEL & SPA - recently under new management since November 2012 and now busy updating the entire property and rooms. Please note that many of the room photo's you see online have not yet been updated to show the new rooms. The owners and staff of Mary's Boon Beach Hotel & Spa invite you to experience the magic of our historic hotel on the beautiful island of St. Maarten. A true Caribbean style hotel with all the compforts you expect and in operation since the early 70's. This intimately run St. Maarten Small Hotel is tucked away from the crowds, earning Mary's Boon the soubriquet, "St Maarten's Little Secret". Located on a beautiful three-mile beach Mary's Boon is conveniently near to the action. Great shopping, dining, night life and outdoor activities can be found close by, while affording guests a private haven to return to at the end of each day.If all you want to do is to while away hours in the sun, then Mary's Boon has all the elements to ensure a relaxing break away from the bustle of everyday life. The Hotel offers several types of accommodations, from the very budget minded economy rooms to 1 bedroom beachfront suites and amenities include The Tides Restaurant, bar service is from morning to late evening, and a swimming pool is just step away from your room. The winner of many awards and just voted "BEST HOTEL" in 2013 by the readers of the St Maarten Daily Herald Paper! Lovely tropical gardens and all situated on one of the islands' best beaches. Mary's Boon, a classic Caribbean destination, provides a unique Island experience that has something for everyone! It's the NEW Mary's Boon! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotwire, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Mary's Boon Beach Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mary`s Boon Beach Hotel Simpson Bay
- Marys Boon Beach Plantation Hotel
- Mary's Boon Beach Resort And Spa St. Maarten-St. Martin/Simpson Bay