Mary's Boon Beach Hotel and Spa
The Villas at Simpson Bay Beach Resort & Marina(Simpson Bay)(Great Value!)
$153
Simpson Bay Resort & Marina(Simpson Bay)(Great Value!)
$111
Atrium Beach Resort and Spa(Simpson Bay)(Great Value!)
$99
  • Pool
Turquoise Shell Inn(Simpson Bay)(Great Value!)
$145
Orbitz.com
Simpson Bay Suites(Simpson Bay)
$122
Orbitz.com
Travel Inn Hotel(Simpson Bay)
$85
Baker's Suites(Simpson Bay)(Great Value!)
$109
$98
Commodore Suites(Simpson Bay)(Great Value!)
$150
$126
Azure Hotel & Art Studio(Simpson Bay)(Great Value!)
$77
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of $98/night.

All reviewsgarden studioclose to the airportobservation deckairport runwaydogs and catsplanes taking off and landinga king size bedlow seasonwhite sandst maartenocean frontan umbrellacable tvthe entire staffsmall poolchairs and umbrellasthe main road
Reviewed May 4, 2012

We were scheduled to stay at Mary's Boon for 5 nights. The drive to the resort is enough to frighten anyone. People living in their cars, drug deals, prostitutes. Didn't even feel safe leaving the rental car, which coincidentally, they would not even give us one with hubcaps! The pool was dirty, the sidewalks uneven and broken, and the fountain wasn't functional. We asked to see our room. The smell of mold was overwhelming. The kitchenette was dirty. Called travel agent and demanded to be moved ASAP. I would NEVER stay here. The view is breathtaking but it is ever where on the island. Personal safety is foremost.

6  Thank Julie S
Reviewed April 30, 2012

The hotel is located on a wonderful beach (nb: not next to a beach, ON the beach) that is nice for swimming and relaxation. It's a public beach, but hardly anyone comes by here, so the athmosphere is very private. Massages or dining on the beach are possible.

The hotel staff is extremely friendly. They don't just treat you like a guest, but like a friend. I travel a lot, but no other hotel managed to make me feel so at home as the Mary's Boon does.

If you are into aviation, the rooftop offers some unique views on the runway, that is right next to the hotel. Unless you are extremely sensitive to noise, this is not a problem, though, as there are no night movements at St. Maarten.

I've stayed at the Boon for the second time this year, and I am guaranteed to come back.

1  Thank ZakHH
Reviewed April 24, 2012

Went with my wife and friends. This is my fifth stay at Mary's Boon. The friendliest staff one could ever hope for. The beach is incredible. The view and the view from the roof top bar can't be beat.

Room Tip: Room number 6 has the best view on the property, true beachfront.
4  Thank miamiair
Reviewed April 6, 2012

This place is fantastic.
Been there several times, most recently in April 2012.
I generally stay in time shares on the other end of Simpson Bay and I'll WALK the bay with Mary's Boon as my destination.
It's a great place for brunch/lunch.
The breakfast food is excellent - the warm croissant is to die for. The inn itself is very charming with a small pool out front in a garden area, and rooms strewn about in a non-linear fashion. Much like a little guest cottage or villa.
Those looking for 5 star facilities should keep looking -
But if you want to be ALONE with someone,
have a delightful meal in the cafe overlooking the sea,
spend the day lounging, swimming, drinking, walking on the beach with cold drinks, hammocks, chairs, friendly faces never far away, this place is a winner.

It IS near the airport so planes do take off and land all day...
But if you're a St Maarten enthusiast you realize that this is a POSITIVE because watching those planes come in and out here is almost ritual. And it does stop in the evening. In my book not a factor....if you're an uptight person, you ain't gonna enjoy this place anyway. I've read other reviews in TOTAL amazement as people complain about slow service in the restaurant, mismatched furnishings, etc. This is NOT the four seasons, it's a charming small business where everything is beautiful and everyone is friendly. You watch...most of the people reviewing with complaints were coming in to stay here for like TWO DAYS or something. Man, you're really missing the point of this whole St. Maarten thing, I must say.

Service has been GREAT (if not really fast) every time I've been there. There's no rush, I'm always GRATEFUL to sit there and linger longer anyway, it's a most beautiful spot. My 6 year old son finishes his meal and begs to go outside and we say YES and then have another cocktail in our seat by the window, perhaps even order DESERT after lunch....this is our vacation and we're enjoying the heck out of it.
You pushy always in a rush types? Go elsewhere...please! :)

I had a meal there with friends last week before my family arrived and said "I love how everything here is DONE PERFECTLY. The arrangements, the way the food is prepared, the way the window treatments are, the way the furniture in the lobby is clean and inviting yet comfortable. The whole place encourages you to........linger.

Plus they have a KICK BUTT wi-fi. One of the best I've seen on the island.

Room Tip: The beachside rooms seem pricey to me. If you stayed garden side you're getting a heck of a value. This place is beautiful and charming all over.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Sean J
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Perfect beach-side location (with airport runway on other side). Planes fly in/out frequently so it's quite noisy - though we didn't mind. Met some lovely, friendly people (almost exclusively American). Lisa (from Wisconsin) runs a great small bar and was a delightful hostess. Tapas and restaurant food, service, decor and (obviously) location were all very good.
Small pool at the front was dirty and un-used....but why bother with a pool when the beautiful Caribbean is a few yards away?
Almost needed small ladder to climb into a huge, comfortable, creaky, old bed in good-sized room with well-stocked kitchenette.
Only downside is the cost: GBP 140 (USD 210) per night is too steep. We'll shop-around next visit but probably stay close by if we can't get a getter deal. Also they shouldn't show the hotel name and room nbr on the key. It was stolen when my wife's bag was snatched (near the main road). We never felt threatened during our stay but these incidents can happen anywhere - so be on your guard.

Took about 20 mins to walk down beach & thru small estate to Maho beach where we could almost touch the planes as they landed...and were (almost) blown-away by the jet blast when they took-off. Some of the pilots opened their windows & waved and one even took photos of the people on the beach.....Incredible. Great fun. A (KLM) 747 looks terrifying when you're only 30 ft under it !!

Room Tip: Our room (102) and next door were actually ON the beach and 10 seconds from the bar. There were others further back from the beach but we didn't check.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple